Bachelor’s Degree and CGPA
A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
Please check here if specific requirements apply for your country or region.
English Language Proficiency
All TU Delft MSc-programmes are taught in English. In order to be considered for a MSc-programme, you have to prove that your English is at a sufficient level.
The following English language certificates and corresponding scores are accepted*:
- A TOEFL iBT with an overall band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following certificates are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
Note: We advise you to register for the test of your choice well in advance. Depending on your location, registering for a test could take several months.
* Certificates that are older than two years on the day you have uploaded the document and completed your application are not accepted.
The following applicants are exempted from the English test requirement:
- Nationals from the USA, U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- Applicants who obtained a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned countries are also exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.