Bachelor’s Degree and CGPA
A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
Individual programmes may have specific requirements in addition to the general requirements. Please check the study programme of your choice on the MSc programme page.
All nationalities are welcome to apply. Specific requirements may apply depending on where you obtained your degree. Check here for detailed information.
English Language Proficiency
All TU Delft MSc programmes are taught in English. In order to be considered for an MSc programme, you must prove your English proficiency to be at a sufficient level.
Only the following English language certificates and corresponding scores are accepted (we do not deviate from these requirements):
- A TOEFL iBT with an overall band score of at least 100 and a minimum score of 22 for each section. TU Delft does not accept TOEFL MyBest scores; the required scores should be obtained in one single test.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 7.0 and a minimum of 6.5 for each section (IELTS One Skill Retake will be accepted). The IELTS Online (Academic) test and the IELTS Indicator test cannot be accepted.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following certificates are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 185
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 185
If Test Centres are temporarily closed or it is impossible for students to travel (for example due to unsafe situations), TU Delft will accept the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition Test for the 2024 intake, provided that you meet the above mentioned test scores.
Note: When selecting a test date, consider TU Delft’s deadlines. We advise you to register for the test of your choice well in advance to ensure your scores will be reported in time. Registering for a test and receiving the results could take several months.
If on the day you submit your application, your language certificate is older than two years, it will not be accepted.
You are exempt from the English test requirement if you are a:
- national citizen of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or U.S.A.
- an applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned countries.
You are NOT exempt if you are an:
- applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree at an overseas branch of an university from one of the aforementioned countries.
- applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree in the English language in a country that is not one of the aforementioned exempted countries.