An original or certified copy of your bachelor's degree.
Haven’t graduated yet? Then provide an original or certified copy of a certified statement from your university confirming the type of degree you will obtain.
If the degree/transcript is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required.
An original or certified copy of your official academic transcript(s), front and back, in the original language.
Haven’t graduated yet? Then provide an original or certified copy of your official provisional transcript. Your CGPA must meet the requirements at the time of application.
Make sure to include your university's grading system.
If the transcript is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required.
English Language Certificate
The following English language certificates are accepted*:
- TOEFL iBT
- IELTS (academic version)
- Cambridge Assessment English
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
If Test Centres are temporarily closed or it is impossible for students to travel (for example in the case of lockdowns) TU Delft will accept the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition Test for the 2023 intake. The IELTS Indicator test however cannot be accepted as it does not compare to the IELTS Academic test.
Instead of your English language certificate, you may also upload a print screen from the test organisation’s website with your test results. Your name, test date, and scores must be clearly visible in the screen shot. Your English test scores must meet the admission requirements.
* Certificates that are older than two years on the day you have uploaded the document and completed your application are not accepted.
You may upload the English language certificate until 1 July, provided that all other required application documents are uploaded before the application deadline of 1 April.
For visa purposes you need a Nuffic certificate as proof of your English language proficiency. In order to obtain the Nuffic certificate you will need to take the IELTS or TOEFL internet-based test.
A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 – 1,500 words) addressing the following:
- Your motivation for choosing this MSc programme.
- Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here.
- If this MSc programme has specialisation(s), which specialisation interests you the most and why?
- Describe your hypothetical thesis project: what kind of project would you prefer? What would you want to explore? Please limit your answer to three possible topics.
- Summarize in a maximum of 250 words your BSc thesis work or final assignment/project. Please include information about the workload.
An extensive curriculum vitae (resume) written in English.
The cv must at least contain the following information, listed from new to old:
- Your personal information
- Your work experience
- Your education
You may also list additional skills, interests, other things that you consider important for the selection committee to know.
As an example, you may use Europass format to create your cv.
The CV can contain a maximum of 3 pages.
Proof of Identity
A photocopy of the page(s) of your valid passport that give your name, date of birth, place of birth, passport expiration date and signature. In addition, for a visa request, a photocopy of each stamped page is required.
The Dutch Immigration Office (IND) requires all non- EU/EFTA nationals who apply for a visa/residence permit to have a passport which is valid for at least 6 months after the start of their studies. Please see our Dates and Deadlines page for more information about when each semester begins.
Will your passport expire within this period?
If you are accepted to your programme and your passport will expire within this period, then you must upload a new passport by the following deadlines:
- First semester: 1 May
- Second semester: 1 November
Already living in the Netherlands?
In case you are already living in the Netherlands, you also have to upload a copy of your residence permit (front and back).
A photocopy of the page(s) of your valid passport that give your name, date of birth, place of birth and the passport expiration date or a photocopy of your valid European ID card (both sides).
To be able to enroll your passport/ID card must be valid until at least the start of the academic year.
Reference Letters (if applicable)
Only required for applicants applying for a scholarship listed on our website.
Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch. These letters must be
- from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- preferably written on the official letterhead /have the official stamp of the university or company.
- signed by the referee and include your complete name.
Portfolio (if applicable)
Applicants applying for the following MSc programmes are required to upload a digital portfolio. Note that each programme has its own portfolio requirements. Please click the links below for more information:
GRE (if applicable)
Applicants applying for the following MSc programmes are required to take the GRE revised General Test, either taken at the Test centre or by Home Edition, and upload their results in TU Delft’s application portal:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer & Embedded Systems Engineering
- Computer Science
- Systems and Control
When registering for the test:
- Indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, 3823.
- For 'school type' select 'graduate schools’.
- For 'department' select ‘any other department not listed'.
Your GRE test scores are an important part of your application and you should strive to submit the best possible scores. We do not set minimum GRE scores, but we look for applicants who attain a minimum score of 154 for Verbal Reasoning, 163 for Quantitative Reasoning, and 4.0 for Analytical Writing. We reserve the right to reject applicants who do not have these scores.
Final upload checklist
Please upload scans of the documents which are applicable to you:
- Bachelor’s degree + translation or degree confirmation statement
- Transcript + translation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Passport (all relevant pages) or European ID card (both sides)
- Residence permit
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Reference letters