The DEWIS Mentoring Program is designed to support the career progression and development of female academic staff. The program facilitates mentoring relationships which provide women with opportunities to reflect on and grow their leadership capabilities, build professional skills and more effectively navigate TU Delft.
It provides an opportunity for women to interact and learn from other colleagues in a one-on-one relationship. Mentors and mentees are matched based on a variety of characteristics including areas of experience, and personal and career interests. The mentor gives personal guidance and shares his / her knowledge, skills and network with a mentee.
Participants benefit from advice and insight and have the opportunity to create unique and enduring professional relationships with colleagues. We encourage anyone interested in growing professionally and personally to join the DEWIS Mentoring Program.
Why become a mentee?
• Developing new skills and knowledge
• Identifying areas for professional growth and developing strategies to accomplish these
• Improved understanding of how academia operates
• Greater access to new networks and contacts
• Increased confidence in abilities
• Greater effectiveness in current role
• Enhanced career opportunities
• Improved leadership skills
• Enhanced enthusiasm for work and improved job satisfaction
Why become a mentor?
• Develop leadership and coaching skills
• Enhanced self-esteem through recognition of professional abilities
• Increased organisational knowledge, especially from the viewpoint of the mentee
• Developing and demonstrating management skills
• Gaining a sense of satisfaction in assisting a colleague to develop professionally
• Enhancing interpersonal skills
How it works?
Please look here if you need more information and are interested in how mentoring exactly works.
Email us at email@example.com.