Property to rent
If you will be bringing your family or are staying beyond 1 year, you might need or want to rent a home. Properties to rent can come furnished (gemeubileerd), fitted with curtains and floor coverings (gestoffeerd) or unfurnished (kaal). Before you sign a contract, be sure to find out whether appliances and light fittings are present and what, if any, utility costs are included in the price. You might find that a rental apartment is completely bare, without even carpeting or linoleum on the floor. A popular website for second-hand goods is marktplaats.nl.
To find a property to rent, you can contact an estate agent or visit an online property listing site of your choice.
Below is a list of estate agents and property listing sites, based largely on information from the municipality of Delft. These agents and sites deal with apartments and houses in and around Delft. Most also list short-term units to rent, which often come furnished. TU Delft is not affiliated with any of these organisations or businesses.
- Björnd Makelaardij: Delft estate agent for properties to rent or buy
- Oude Delft Makelaardij: Delft estate agent for properties to rent or buy
- Homelets: Delft estate agent for properties to rent or buy
- Rotsvast Groep: nationwide agency with an office in Delft for properties to rent or buy
- BeHome: regional estate agent with an office in Delft for properties to rent or buy
- Funda.nl: nationwide listing of properties to rent or buy
- Pararius: nationwide listing of properties to rent
- Xpatrentals: listing of properties to rent or buy
- Verra Real Estate: listing of furnished properties to rent and short-stay accommodations to rent, mostly in Leiden, The Hague and Rotterdam
- Serviced apartments: database with over 1,000 apartments throughout the Netherlands