Requesting a residence permit | knowledge migrants

To reside in the Netherlands for more than three months a residence permit is required. The Netherlands, has a special permit scheme for 'knowledge migrants'.

Anyone who joins the payroll of Delft University of Technology (TUD) as a member of the academic staff is classified as a 'knowledge migrant'.

Applying for this permit
For this special scheme the employer needs to be recognised as a sponsor by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND, Immigration and Naturalisation Service). TUD is a recognised sponsor.

TUD must ensure that you comply with all the requirements relevant to a residence permit, both during and after the residence permit application process. 

This means that HR Services will apply on your behalf for this permit. Below we will summarise what we need and what you need to know as a holder of this permit.

What is needed?

If other members of your family will be accompanying you to the Netherlands, please check here for an overview of the additional required documents for their visa and residence permit application(s).

*) The document needs to be translated in the Dutch, English, French or German language by a sworn translator. It may be necessary to attach an apostille stamp or to have the document legalised in some other way.

What do you need to know as a holder of this permit?

You are obliged to provide correct and up-to-date information about your situation at all times. In this document you can read what you need to know as a holder of this permit.