Requesting a work & residence permit | trainee/internship
To reside in the Netherlands for more than three months a residence permit is required. For traineeships in the Netherlands a work permit is also required.
Applying for these permits
HR Services will apply on your behalf for these permits. Below we will summarise what we need for this.
- a copy of a valid passport
- a copy of the birth certificate*
- an antecedents statement
- CV and copies of your certificates
- statement that the internship is a requirement of the study program
- phased placement plan
- proof of enrolment from your home institution
- evidence of receipt of income/scholarship during your stay in the Netherlands of minimum
- € 762,30 per month. In case Delft University of Technology pays you a remuneration this document isn’t needed.
*) The document needs to be translated in the Dutch, English, French or German language by a sworn translator. It may be necessary to attach an apostille stamp or to have the document legalised in some other way.