The Centre for Sports Engineering Research (CSER), at Sheffield Hallam University will again be running their annual Hackathon. The event is designed to bring together master’s students from Sheffield Hallam University, TU Delft, and TU Chemnitz, who will compete in mixed groups in the Hackathon 2018 Challenge.
Students will be challenged to design, make, and race miniature gravity racers on a purpose built track within the CSER laboratories. Alongside the main Hackathon event, campus and lab tours will be organised, and more social events.
When: 22-23 November 2018 (return flight 24 November)
Where: CSER Laboratories, Sheffield, UK
Event to run from the afternoon of Thursday 22nd Nov, ending around 17:30 Friday 23rd Nov.
Travel and sleeping will be arranged
Costs: €100 (incl. Travel & Stay)
Thursday 22nd November
- Arrival of visiting students, welcome to the university and a tour of campus/facilities
- CSER welcome, formation of teams, quick team building activity, Hackathon event briefing
- Social activity – to be led by Sheffield Students
Friday 23rd November
- Arrival of teams
- Teams meet with mentors, and move to designated work areas
- Planning, prep and initial design phase. Teams also prepare a presentation of their design and accompanying calculations.
- Teams present designs to mentors, feedback and advice given. Team is given materials for task.
- Teams co-ordinate and prepare for build
- Initial build phase
- Test rig made available for use
- Final build phase, refinements and improvements
- Competition testing and prize giving
Saturday 24th November
Return to Delft
Like to join?
Send your motivation letter (¼ A4) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org<br/> APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 8, 2018