Dr. A.C. Viré
- Coordinator and Principal Investigator, H2020 MSCA-ITN project STEP4WIND (2.8MEuros), www.step4wind.eu (2020-2024)
- Principal Investigator, TKI HER project TouchWind Proof-of-Concept (2.8MEuros), https://touchwind.org (2019-2022)
- Principal Investigator, H2020 WIDESPREAD project TWIND (790kEuros), https://twindproject.eu (2019-2022)
- Principal Investigator, TKI HER project ABIBA (1.225MEuros) (2016-2020)
- Co-Investigator, H2020 MSCA-ITN project AWESCO (3MEuros), http://www.awesco.eu (2015-2019)
- Coordinator and Principal Investigator, FP7 MSCA-CiG project NUMIWING (100kEuros) (2013-2017)
- Coordinator and Principal Investigator, TU Delft Cross-Fertilization Grant (125kEuros) (2014-2016)
- Coordinator and Principal Investigator, FP7 MSCA-IEF project ICFLOAT (200kEuros) (2011-2013)
I am an Associate Professor in Wind Energy at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering. I currently lead a team of PhD students and post-doctoral researchers working on the numerical modelling (mostly high-fidelity CFD) of floating offshore wind turbines, large wind turbine rotors, and airborne wind energy. My expertise lies in fluid-structure interactions, multi-fluids problems, and turbulent flows.
I graduated in Mechanical Engineering at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), where I also completed a PhD in computational fluid mechanics in 2010. I was then a Research Fellow at Imperial College London (UK) for 3 years before joining TU Delft. Aside from my research, I am passionate about promoting science to the general public and developing activities on wind/marine renewable energies across TU Delft.