A. (Arvind) Gangoli Rao
- Associate Professor : Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology: 2014-Current
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology: 2008 -2014.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Turbo and Jet Engine Laboratory, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion : 2005-2008.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology- Bombay : 2006
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Aerospace Propulsion, Indian Institute of Technology- Bombay : 2001.
- NWO visitors Grant 2010. This was used to support the stay of Prof. Yeshayaou Levy from Technion.
- Best Review Paper Award for the paper “Infrared Signature Studies of Aerospace Vehicles” IIT Bombay, 2009-10.
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Israeli Ministry of Higher Education, 2005-2007.
- Best Research Scholar, IIT Bombay 2004-05.
- National Representative and Board Member of International Soc. Of Air Breathing Engines.
- Member of the ACARE (Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research in Europe) WG3 committee (Energy and Environment).
- Member of the IGTI (International Gas Turbine Institute) Aircraft Engine Committee.
- Member of the Dutch Gas Turbine Association.
- Member of the editorial board for International Journal of Turbo and Jet Engines.
- New concepts in aircraft propulsion.
- Low NOx Combustion Technologies for Gas Turbines.
- Gas Turbine Cooling.
- Aircraft Infrared Signature Modeling.
- ConcEpt validatioN sTudy foR fusElage wake-filLIng propulsioN integration (CENERLINE): Our role is to carry out fundamental experimental and numerical analysis on a propulsive fuselage concept, exploiting boundary layer ingestion. Project Partners: Bauhaus Luftfahrt e.V, Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, Chalmers Tekniska Hoegskola AB, MTU Aero Engines AG, Politechnika Warszawska, Siemens, University of Cambridge, and ARTTIC.
- Novel Aircraft Configurations and Scaled Flight Testing Instrumentation (NOVAIR): We are investigating the next generation of aircraft and engine configuration for commercial aviation. Project Partners: CleanSky, Airbus, NLR.
- Combined Cycle Engines for Aero Engines: The project is to evaluate the feasibility of a novel aircraft propulsion system with supercritical CO2 cycle used as a bottoming cycle. Project partners: NASA & ADL, Stanford University
- Fundamentals of Boundary Layer Ingestion: The project is mainly focused on understanding the fundamentals of BLI and its feasibility for future aircraft and propulsion system. Project Partner: SafranTech
- Advanced Hybrid Engine for Aircraft Development(AHEAD):- Coordinator of the project. Partners: WSK PZL-Rzeszow S.A (Poland), Techincal University of Berlin (Germany), Deutsches Zentrum Fuer Luft- Und Raumfahrt e.V (DLR, Germany), Israel Institute of Technology-Technion (Israel), Ad Cuenta b.v. (Nederlands). Funded by the European Commission.Total Budget of the project- 2.99 Million Euros.(http://www.ahead-euproject.eu/ )
- Efficient System and Propulsion for Small Aircraft (ESPOSA): - this is an EU funded projects with around 40 partners from all over Europe.
- New Aero Engine Concepts :- within the CleanEra group, funded by the Aerospace Engineering Faculty of TU Delft.
- Enhanced Heat Transfer for Improved Operational Stability in Flameless Combustion for Gas Turbine Applications :- Funded by the Israeli Science Foundation (2007-08)
- The Micro Turbine Cooler (MTC) - A Novel Methodology for Cooling Microprocessors: - Project funded by Intel corporation to Prof. Levy. (2007-08).
- Flameless Oxidation for Gas Turbines:- Funded by the ministry of Israel Council for Higher Education, Govt. of Israel. (2005-2007)
- Sneha Ravishankar: Modeling and Prediction of Pollutant Emissions Evolution in an Axial Turbine
- Tim Blondeel: Performance Estimation an Intercooled ITB Engine
- Marta Alves dos Santos Cabrito de Carvalho: Hybrid Electric Propulsion System for Regional TurboProp Aircraft.
- Kaushal Dave: Thermodynamics of Internal Combustion sCO2 cycle
- Srijan Mukhopadhyay: Numerical Investigation of Coherent Vortices over Rotating Spinners
- Bjorn Engelberger: Experimental Investigation of Coherent Vortices over Rotating Spinners in Axial Fans.
- Rahul Prabhu: Effect of Upstream Distortion on Fan Performance; An Experimental Investigation
- Turhan Eker : Emission Modelling and Prediction of a Turbofan Engine with Inter Turbine Burner
- Rick van der Leer: Experimental Characterization of a Flameless Combustor by Background Oriented Schlieren Imaging
- Niek Goselink: Investigating the Operational Envelope of a Flameless Combustor Experimentally.
- Simon Vermeijlen : Numerical and Experimental Simulation of a premixed Hydrogen Combustor with Axial Air Injection.
- Thomas Boogart : Characterizing Installation penalty of Engines in an Aircraft
- Emily Raijmakers: Effect of Lifting surfaces on the performance of a PFC Fan
- Lars Velthausz: Design, modeling and analysis of an bleed air cooling system for next generation of turbofan engines.
Please check the complete list of my publications and citations on Google Scholar.
Current MSc students
Current MSc Students (Feb 2020)