G.R. (Gautham Ram) Chandra Mouli
- LinkedIn profile
- List of publications: Google scholar, TU Delft PURE
- PhD thesis: Charging electric vehicles from solar energy - Power converter, charging algorithm and system design
- ‘Under 35 Innovator’ award from IEEE Industrial Electronic Society, 2019
- Best Paper award in the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics for 2018, “Energy management system with PV power forecast to optimally charge EVs at the workplace"
- Winner ‘Most significant innovation in electric vehicles’ Award Presented at the IDTechEx Show Berlin, 2018
- The ‘Best Tech idea of 2018’ by science magazine KIJK.
- Supervised MSc thesis of D.v.d Meer and J. Sridhar that were respectively awarded the second prize in Ward Vleugels Q-Park Thesis Award (Mobility & parking) in 2017 and the second prize for the UFD-Cofely Energy Efficiency Award in 2015
- Best poster award for “Charging of EV from PV and Contactless Power” at the Energy Informatics & Management (EIM) conference, 2016
dr.ir. Gautham Ram is an Assistant Professor in the DC systems, Energy conversion and Storage group in the Department of Electrical Sustainable Energy at the Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. His current research focuses on electric vehicles, EV charging, PV systems, power electronics and demand-side management.
He received his bachelor’s and master’s in Electrical Engineering from the National Institute of Technology Trichy, India in 2011 and the Delft University of Technology in 2013, respectively. He received his PhD from the Delft University in 2018 for the development of a solar powered V2G electric vehicle charger compatible with CHAdeMO, CCS/COMBO and designed smart charging algorithms (with PRE Power Developers, ABB and UT Austin). From 2017 to 2019, he was a postdoctoral research at TU Delft working on research topics related to power converters for EV charging, smart charging of EVs, trolley busses.
He is involved in many projects with industrial and academic partners at national and EU level concerning electric mobility and renewable energy such as PV charging of electric vehicles, OSCD, Trolley 2.0, Flexgrid. He is the coordinator and a lecturer for Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Electric cars on edX.org with ~110,000 learners from 175 countries. He is the Vice-chair of IEEE Industrial Electronic Society Benelux chapter.
Electric vehicles - EV charging - Power electronics - PV systems - Intelligent control - Energy Storage - Demand-Side Management
- Orchestrating Smart Charging in mass Deployment (OSCD) project ( EME - Electric Mobility Europe)
- Smart Trolleybus grid (EME - Electric Mobility Europe)
- Flexibility in distribution grids - Flexgrid (TKI project)
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Electric cars on edX.org
2020-05-04 - 2022-05-04