What is exchange?

What is exchange?

The Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment has exchange agreements with universities all over the world. We agreed with those universities to allow a certain amount of students to study for one semester at our faculty and in return they accept a certain amount of students from our faculty to study there for one semester. It is very attractive to study abroad under an exchange agreement , because you only pay tuition fee at your home university and the courses can be added to your 'transcript of records' (= 'cijferlijst' in Dutch) at the TU Delft after your return! Further, a lot of host universities help exchange students with the procedures, applying for visa, finding accommodation and so on. In most cases, you can also apply for a scholarship.

When can I go on exchange?

At our faculty exchange is always for one full semester; not longer, not shorter! The length of the semester can be different at varies universities.

Bachelor: You can go on exchange during your minor in your third year. It is possible to follow the full 30 ECTS abroad. So you can study in a different country at a different university without having study delay!

Master: You can also go abroad during your master. Depending on the track you choose, you can follow several master elective courses abroad. If you're an Architecture student and you plan your studies well, you could go abroad without having any study delay. For more information about the possibilities in your minor or master, please visit Recognition of courses section.

More info?

Read the Procedures and Deadlines and Requirements sections carefully. Please know that you should apply well in advance, so be sure to start planning as soon as possible!

If you are interested in other possibilities to go abroad, please have a look at the page Short stay / internship / other options abroad. Please do mind that those options are not facilitated by the International office of the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment.