Academic counsellors

The academic counsellors of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering are:

For personal and study related questions or problems, you can consult with the academic counsellor.

This can be any problem, for example:

BSA, motivational problems, stopping or switching studies, admission to BSc projects, personal study programme questions, problems with courses, reporting illness/disability, your study planning and applying for financial assistance.

You can also consult us for more complex matters that are having an impact on your studies and personal life such as: personal or psychological issues, more complex medical problems, individual guidance in studying with a disability, study delay because of family circumstances, having study problems and looking for study coaching.

If necessary, the academic counsellor can refer you to a student doctor, psychologist, central student counsellor, the Board of Examiners or other institutions.

Report illness or special circumstances as soon as possible:

In case of illness or other special situations that affect your study progress it's best to consult your academic counsellor at an early stage, to limit the possibility of a delay in your studies and also otherwise you may miss out on special arrangements or other support.

How to contact the academic counsellors?

The academic counsellors are available for a first time consultation or for quick question during open office hours. The open office hours are meant to discuss all subjects, also in more complex situations you are advised to come by during open office hours. Sometimes we will need more time for a meeting:  we will then plan a follow-up meeting with you for further guidance, outside open office hours, within short notice.

Further information on availability and contact

  • Due to the nature of our work, the academic counsellors will be in and out meetings. This means we will often not be able to answer the phone.
  • Absence, office closings or (unexpected) unavailability is always communicated through the Brightspace organization ‘Students Aerospace Engineering’.
  • We aim to answer your e-mail within 5 working days.