The International Internship Fund
Application Deadline: before the start of your internship abroad | €250 for non European destinations - €100 for European destinations | Internship
Students considering travelling abroad for their internship/traineeship/research/Graduation project should check the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (in Dutch) for travel advice. TU Delft has issued a Disclaimer to assist you in making a decision to go abroad. You can also contact your Internship coordinator for more information.
Please note: Virtual mobility does not currently qualify for new Erasmus+ scholarships.
This grant is intended for students who will do an internship as part of their study programme inside and outside the EU. TU Delft has a yearly budget to administer this grant and it will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. The amount of the IIF grant for 2022-2023 is a one-off compensation to the amount of 250 euros for Non-European destinations and 100 euros for all European destinations. It will be paid to you in one instalment after your return and upon receipt of your TU Delft Transcript of Records.
Students planning to do an internship in the following countries may apply for this grant: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustatius en Saba.
- You are at least enrolled and started in your 2nd year of study (minimum 45 ECTS obtained for Bachelor students).
- You maintain your full-time enrollment during your stay abroad, and you are not an exchange student at TU Delft.
- The internship is part of your TU Delft academic programme and is worth minimum 10 ECTS
- It is not part of your Master graduation project.
- Your internship income is less than 1000 euros net per month.
- You have not received the IIF Fund grant before.
- You do not receive any other grants from a TU Delft mobility fund (ERASMUS+, JvE, IDEA League student research grant, Holland Scholarship, STIR) in addition to the IIF grant.
- The internship does not take place in your country of origin or where you currently reside.
Before Mobility Period
- Complete the application form ‘International Internship Fund Statement (IIF) Step 1.
- Ask your faculty exchange/internship coordinator to complete and sign Step 2 and Step 3.
- Register a new stay abroad in MyTUDelft (this ensures we know where you are should anything occur in your country of residence and you also receive free TU Delft travel insurance).
- Submit the application form and IIF Statement signed by your faculty
- Submit the signed application form before the start date of the internship.
- Make sure you click SUBMIT at the end of application and you receive an automatic notification confirming your application for a IIF grant has been received
- Within 2 weeks you will receive an email notification about your IFF application.
After Mobility Period
- Upload your TU Delft Transcript of Records or Study Progress Overview showing the obtained credit (minimum 10 EC) in your Grant request in MyTUDelft within 3 months after concluding your Internship/research.
- You will receive the payment within 6-8 weeks.
Terms and conditions
- You are to refrain from engaging in activities of a political and/or commercial nature during your time abroad that could damage the reputation of TU Delft.
- You have to register your internship abroad contact details in MyTUDelft. This will keep us informed of where you are should anything happen in your area and you will receive FREE TU Delft Travel Insurance.
- Before the start date of your internship you will submit your application along with form “International Internship Fund Statement“.
- If your application is incomplete, your application will not be processed.
- The transcript of records must be uploaded in MyTUDelft within 6 months after the conclusion of your internship. If we have not received your report before this date, the grant awarded to you will expire.
- Should your internship abroad not commence or be terminated early you will need to inform TU Delft immediately via email@example.com.
- You must keep TU Delft informed of the outcome of any external grant applications. TU Delft has the right to withdraw the IIF scholarship or to demand (partial or whole) repayment of sums already paid, in case an external grant is awarded to the student.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No, this is not possible.
Please check the eligibility part of this webpage
Yes, the Additional Thesis is an optional component and it stands apart from the final thesis.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assess your case.
After your internship starts if you do receive more, email email@example.com with this information. We will cancel your application.