Dr. A.F. (Aad) Correljé
In 1989, Aad Correljé graduated in Political Sciences (International Relations and European Law) at the Social Sciences Faculty (FSW-a) of the University of Amsterdam.
Combining Political Sciences and Economics, he wrote and defended (1994) his Ph.D. thesis entitled, The Spanish Oil Industry: Structural Change and Modernisation at the Centre for International Energy Studies (EURICES)/Economic Geography Institute/Tinbergen Institute of the Erasmus University in Rotterdam.
Aad Correljé is involved in academic research and teaching and in consulting and advising on many energy, water and transport related issues, for a variety of Dutch and foreign, public as well as private, organizations. His current research themes involve an economic/institutional approach to the analysis of public policy, regulation and private strategy development in infrastructure-bound sectors, like oil, gas, power, water supply and flooding protection. Main foci in this research are Design for values and Management of responsible innovation.
- 2016-… Law and institutions (SEN 1151)
- 2016-… Electricity and Gas: Market Design and Policy Issues (SEN 1521)
- 2016-… Institutional Economics for Designing in Socio-Technical Systems (SEN 1131)
- 2014-… Economics of Infrastructures (TB221a/SPM9718)
- 2006- … Course Writing a Master’s Thesis (SPM 5905)
- 2002- … Supervision of SEPAM/EPA Masters’ projects
- Aad Correljé & Bertien Broekhans (2016; published on website 2013) Floodrisk management in the Netherlands after the 1953 flood: A competition between the public value(s) of water. Journal of Flood Risk Management. Volume 8, Issue 2, 99-115.
- Correljé, Aad, Groenleer, Martijn and Veldman, Jasper, (2014), Understanding institutional change: the development of institutions for the regulation of natural gas supply systems in the US and the EU, Competition and Regulation in Networked Industries, Volume 15, no. 1, pp. 2-13.
- John Groenewegen, Aad Correljé, (2009) Public values in utility sectors; economic perspectives.International Journal of Public Policy, Vol. 4, No. 5, 395-413.
- A. Correlje, Francois, D. Verbeke, T. (2007) Integrating water management and principles of policy: towards an EU framework?,Journal of Cleaner Production, pp. 1-8.
- Correljé, A.F. (1990) ‘The Spanish Oil Sector; from state intervention to free trade',Energy Policy, Vol. 18, no.8, October 1990, pp. 747-755.
- 03/2017-01/2021 Responsible decision-making on gas: How individual and institutional factors influence public evaluations of gas. (With RU Groningen) MVI programme, NWO.
- 09/2015-09/2019 Responsible innovation: linking formal and infOrmal assessmeNt in deciSion-making on Energy projects (RESPONSE), MVI programme, NWO.
- 01/2012-01/2013 The acceptability of shale gas: towards value-sensitive design of technologies and institutions, MVI programme, NWO.
- Aad is a Member of the Dutch Mining Council (Mijnraad), advising the Minister of Economic Affairs on the exploration for or production of minerals or terrestrial heat of the storage of substances, according to the Dutch Mining Law (2010) § 6.1., since Dec. 2013
- Lecturer on Energy Policy of the EU, at the European Masters programme, University of Leiden, since 2012.
- Lecturer on Gas Wholesale Markets at the Florence School of Regulation of the European University Institute, Florence, Italy, since 2006
- Associate fellow to the Clingendael International Energy Programme(CIEP) at the Netherlands institute for International Affairs, Clingendael, The Hague, The Netherlands, since 2002.
- Aad is a member of the Editorial Board of the journal Energy Policy (impact factor 2.436) since 2002.
- Correljé, A.F., Van Der Linde, J.C., Westerwoudt, T. (2003), Natural Gas in the Netherlands: From cooperation to competition?, Clingendael International Energy Programme/Oranje Nassau, CIEP, The Hague. ISBN 9050310842, 240 p
- Aad Correljé (1994) The Spanish Oil Industry: Structural Change and Modernization, Amsterdam, Thesis Publishers, 1994. [PhD thesis]
- Regular Commenting on energy issues for Business News Radio (BNR), Radio 1 Journaal, RTL Z, SBS 6, Wereld Omroep, etc.
- X:enius "Natural Gas", 6th of November 2014, Arte.
- Andere Tijden, 8 February 2007, “Aardgas”
- 25 Juni 2004: VPRO De Ochtenden: De ondergang van Shell
- 20 May 2003: VPRO De Ochtenden: De Waterstof Economie
- 4 April 2003: VPRO De Ochtenden Buitenland Discussie Olie en Irak
- 13 Februari 2003 Olie en Irak
- 11 November 2002:RVU/Teleac, Nieuw Economisch Peil: De Laatste Druppel
- 3 April 2002:RVU, Per Saldo: Lopen op Water: de waterstofgas economie
- December 1997-May 1998: Research and scriptwriting for three part television documentary on economic, political and social aspects of Dutch natural gas: Hollands Welvaren: De geschiedenis van een Nederlandse bodemschat [Holland's Affluence: the history of a Dutch natural resource], broadcasted 17, 24, 31 may 1998, (also in august 1998 and in june 1999) for Tros/Teleac, Hilversum:
- +31 15 27 87924
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: C3.100
Dr. A.F. (Aad) Correlje
2014-01-01 - 2023-06-01
2014-01-01 - 2023-06-01
2022-06-01 - 2026-05-31