Research institutes and centers
The VTI department cooperates with a large number of research groups within and outside TU Delft. We participate in a number of research institutes and centers to further foster such collaboration.
Until 2016, the VTI department was home to the Delft Center for Entrepreneurship (DCE), which fosters entrepreneurship at TU Delft and provides teaching in this area. As of 2016, DCE is an independent center within TPM, but cooperation with VTI especially on research on entrepreneurship and (responsible) innovation will continue.
We chair the Delft Safety & Security Institute (DSyS), in which a large number of departments from various faculties of TU Delft cooperate with respect to safety and security research, and we also chair the Delft Design for Values Institute (DD4V).
We participate in the 4TU.Centre for Ethics and Technology (4TU.Ethics), a world-leading center in the ethics of technology, which combines the research on ethics and technology at the three Dutch technical universities in the Netherlands (TU Delft, TU Eindhoven and Twente University).
We also participate in the NITIM (Networks, Information Technology and Innovation Management) graduate research school, which is positioned at the interface of management, specifically entrepreneurship, innovation and technology management, computer science and information systems.
The VTI department also participates in various centers that have been established as part of the cooperation of TU Delfts with the universities of Leiden and Rotterdam (Erasmus University) like the LDE (Leiden, Delft, Erasmus) Centre for Safety & Security, and the LDE Centre on Frugal Innovations in Africa.
We are cooperating with various research groups in the world that work on similar topics. This includes, among other, the following research groups:
- Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics (UK),
- Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (CAPPE) in Australia,
- Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) of the University of Sussex (UK),
- Risk Center at ETHZ (Switzerland),
- Centre for Risk Analysis and Risk Management at the University of Stavanger (Norway),
- VSD Research Lab at the University of Washington (US),
- Portsmouth Business School (UK),
- Public Safety Center at Tsinghua university (China),
- Center for Responsible Innovation and Design (CRID) at the University of Siegen (Germany),
Through the 4TU.Centre for Ethics and Technology we are also cooperating with eight Chinese top technical universities on responsible port innovation.