Dr.ir. I (Iulia) Lefter
Iulia Lefter is Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, section Systems Engineering. She obtained her PhD from TU Delft working on multimodal surveillance in a project involving TNO and the Netherlands Defence Academy.
In the context of socio-technical systems, she is interested in developing systems that are aware of and adapt to human behavior. One key aspect in the development of such systems is the interaction, either between humans, or between humans and the systems they are employing. She focuses on understanding and recognizing human behavior, and devising models that can automatically asses behaviors of interest (e.g. critical situations) using sensors. In this setting, assessing emotions plays an important role, as emotions can influence decision making, trust, engagement, and how relationships evolve.
- Lefter, Iulia, Catholijn M. Jonker, Stephanie Klein Tuente, Stefan Bogaerts, Wim Veling. “NAA: A Multimodal Database of Negative Affect and Aggression.” 7th International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction, 2017.
- Lefter, Iulia, Gertjan J. Burghouts, and Léon JM Rothkrantz. "Recognizing stress using semantics and modulation of speech and gestures." IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing 7.2 (2016): 162-175.
- Lefter, Iulia, Gertjan J. Burghouts, and Leon JM Rothkrantz. "An audio-visual dataset of human–human interactions in stressful situations." Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces 8.1 (2014): 29-41.
- Lefter, Iulia, Léon JM Rothkrantz, and Gertjan J. Burghouts. "A comparative study on automatic audio–visual fusion for aggression detection using meta-information." Pattern Recognition Letters 34.15 (2013): 1953-1963.
- Lefter, Iulia, et al. "Automatic stress detection in emergency (telephone) calls." International Journal of Intelligent Defence Support Systems 4.2 (2011): 148-168.
- EPA1333 – Computer Engineering for Scientific Computing
- +31 15 27 81537
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: B1.250
Social signal processing
Human-human / human-computer interaction
Verbinding met database is helaas mislukt
Hierdoor is de gevraagde informatie niet beschikbaar. We streven ernaar om dit zo snel mogelijk verholpen te hebben. Excuses voor het ongemak.