J. (Joao) Gorenstein Dedecca
Before joining the Sustainable Energy Technologies and Strategies joint doctorate at TU Delft I completed the Operations Management Leadership Program at General Electric, working in the wind, healthcare and energy management businesses. I also concluded a master in energy systems planning and bachelor in electrical engineering at the Campinas State University (UNICAMP, Brazil).
Developing policy and market frameworks for the development of the Northern Seas offshore grid in Europe. The grid will interconnect European power systems while adding significant capacities of offshore wind to these systems, in order to reach the European decarbonization goals. I use a simulation model to derive non-optimal pathways for this grid in order to study the impact of different policies and market designs on the grid development.
- Dedecca, J.G., Hakvoort, R.A., Herder, P.M., 2018a. The Integrated Offshore Grid: Dilemmas and Paradoxes for Regional Expansion Governance. Under review.
- Dedecca, J.G., Lumbreras, S., Ramos, A., Hakvoort, R.A., Herder, P.M., 2018b. Expansion Planning of the North Sea Offshore Grid: Simulation of Integrated Governance Constraints. Under review.
- Dedecca, J.G., 2017. Inclusion of Innovation in Simulation of Offshore Power Grids, in: 12th Spanish Association for Energy Economics (AEEE) Conference.
- Dedecca, J.G., Hakvoort, R.A., Herder, P.M., 2017. Transmission expansion simulation for the European Northern Seas offshore grid. Energy 125. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2017.02.111
- DEDECCA, J.G., HAKVOORT, R.A., ORTT, J.R., 2016. Market strategies for offshore wind in Europe: A development and diffusion perspective. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 66, 286–296. doi:10.1016/j.rser.2016.08.007
- DEDECCA J. G., HAKVOORT, R. A. A review of the North Seas offshore grid modeling: Current and future research, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 60, July 2016, Pages 129-143, ISSN 1364-0321, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.01.112.
- DEDECCA, J. G. ; HAKVOORT, R. A. Modelling Complex Systems: The North Seas Offshore Grid and Future Research. In: 38th IAEE International Conference, 2015.
- DEDECCA, J. G.: Barriers to the development of wind power in Brazil and Argentina: an application of the analytic hierarchy process. M. Sc. Dissertation. 2012. Link: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/handle/REPOSIP/264683
- DEDECCA, J. G.; JANNUZZI, G. D. M. . Contractual Advantages and Shortcomings for the Development of Wind Power in Brazil and Argentina. In: Latin American Meeting on Energy Economics, 2011, Buenos Aires. Latin American Meeting on Energy Economics, 2011.
- JANNUZZI, G. D. M. ; RODRIGUEZ, O. B. ; DEDECCA, J. G. ; NOGUEIRA, L. G. ; GOMES, R. ; NAVARRO, J. . Energias Renováveis para Geração de Eletricidade na América Latina: Mercado, Tecnologia e Perspectivas. 2010.
- DEDECCA, J. G.. 2030 Low-Carbon Scenarios for the Brazilian Industry. 2010.
Assistance in the Actors and Strategy Models course (EPA1143) of the EPA master.