Other interests, that's a long story...
- running marathons:
Sunday April 9 2017, I finished my 26th marathon of Rotterdam, bringing my total number of 30 completed marathons.
The Rotterdam marathon website will soon show the remarkable fact of being a 26 times finisher, around position 29 of the list at this link of the super marathon master's website, where my name is mentioned between all people that ran the R'dam marathon 10 times or more...
(my top position at this list, being position 22, I reached in 2015; due to a severe sickness in 2015, I was not able to run the marathon edition of 2016...).
My first Rotterdam marathon was in 1991 that I finished in 3h24m. Then I ran all the 25 editions between 1991 and 2015.
and much more:
- playing the piano
(classical music by e.g. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Mendelssohn, ... and various jazz standards including Misty, Take-5, ...).
- long distance walking including the
- famous Dutch Pieterpad as composed of many stages (alltogether more than 450km) which we finalized many years ago;
- Nijmeegse Vierdaagse (Walk of the World) (4 days of 50km) which I completed July 21-24 2009.
- long distance skating: I'm member of the Dutch "Vereniging De Friesche Elf Steden" that, in case of a heavy winter, organizes the famous "Elf Steden Tocht" consisting of a 200km skating tour on natural ice. I'm still dreaming of skating that route in a year with a heavy winter in which I'm also owner of a starting license (a type of lottery system is in use here).
- sailing, in a small boat, on a large lake, with heavy wind.
- drinking beer, especially of Belgium type...
- seeing a sun eclipse: March 29, I survived the sun eclipse in Turkey: during 3m40s the sun disappeared. For a beautiful picture of what we have seen, see this page