Dr. B.D. (Boriana) Rukanova
I am currently working on the CORE EU project which aims to demonstrate how information infrastructures for international trade can facilitate supply chain visibility, reduce administrative burden and facilitate trade. In CORE I am involved in R&D related to public-private governance, in key project demonstrators and management tasks. My activities in CORE are a continuation of earlier R&D work that I did in the ITAIDE EU project at the VU University Amsterdam.
Information infrastructures for international trade hold the promise to increase supply chain visibility, improve safety and security, reduce administrative burdens and accelerate trade. The fundamental question however is How to create the proper environment to foster the development of such infrastructures in a complex multi-stakeholder environment? Key topics of my research include mobilization of collective action for initiation and upscaling of such infrastructures, cost/ benefit sharing, and public- private governance.
- I&C in Organisaties (TB141IA)
- Rukanova, B., Wigand, R.W., van Stijn, E., Tan, Y.H. (2015). Understanding transnational information systems with supranational governance: A multi-level conflict management perspective. Government Information Quarterly, 32 182–197.
- Henriksen, H., Rukanova, B. (2011). To Mind IT or not to Mind IT. Transforming Government: People, Processes and Policies.
- Henningsson, S., Rukanova, B., Hrastinski, S. (2010). Resource dependencies in socio-technical information systems design research. Communications of the Association of Information Systems, 27 (1).
- Rukanova, B., Van Stijn, E., Henriksen, H., Baida, Z., Tan, Y.H. (2009). Understanding the Influence of Multiple Levels of Government on the Development of Inter-organizational Systems. European Journal of Information Systems, 18(5).
- Baida, Z., Rukanova, B., Liu, J., Tan, Y.H (2008). Rethinking EU Trade Procedures- The Beer Living Lab. Electronic Markets, 18 (1).
- Baida, Z., Rukanova, B., Wigand, R.T., Tan, Y.H. (2007). The Story of How Heineken’s Supply Chain Benefits from Tight Collaboration with Government. Supply Chain Management Review, 11 (8).
Core EU Project
- Tan, Y.H., Bjorn-Andersen, N., Klein, S., Rukanova, B. (2010). Accelerating Global Supply Chains with IT-innovation. Edited Book, Springer
- Rukanova, B.D. (2005). Business Transactions and Standards: Towards a System of Concepts and a Method for Early Problem Identification in Standard Implementation Projects, PhD Thesis. Febo Druk BV., Enschede.
ITAIDE video on Accelerating global supply chains with IT innovation
R&D CORE EU Project
- +31 15 27 89413
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Engineering Systems and Services
Information and Communication Technology
International Trade information
Cost-benefit and business models
Innovation and adoption
Dr. B.D. Rukanova
- Docent/trainer/coach - RSM
2020-06-09 - 2022-06-09