Dr. ir. G.A. (Georgios Archimidis) Tsalidis
George holds an MEng in mechanical engineering from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and an MSc in Industrial Ecology from Delft University of Technology (TUD) and Leiden University. George obtained his PhD in Process Engineering from TUD in 2018. He focused on the technical and environmental performance of torrefied wood gasification. The aim of the project was whether torrefaction results in a positive effects on permanent gases and tars (mainly heavy hydrocarbons) formed during gasification.
Industrial brine is water with a high saline concentration may contain materials that are considered of high importance from the European Union. The Zero Brine project concerns the redesign of the waste water treatment train of the European process industry. The objective of the project is becoming a guide for decreasing the environmental footprint of the process industry, improve European energy security and identify possible collaborations for achieving circular economy.
- The impact of dry torrefaction on the fast pyrolysis behavior of ash wood and commercial Dutch mixed wood in a pyroprobe, 2018, G.A. Tsalidis, Ch. Tsekos, K. Anastasakis, W. de Jong, Fuel Processing Technology 177, pp 255-265
- The effect of torrefaction on the process performance of oxygen-steam blown CFB gasification of hardwood and softwood, 2017, Georgios Archimidis G.A. Tsalidis, Manuela Di Marcello, W. de Jong[...] J. H. A. Kiel, Biomass and Bioenergy 105, pp 411-420
- Pilot scale steam-oxygen CFB gasification of commercial torrefied wood pellets. The effect of torrefaction on the gasification performance, 2017, M. Di Marcello, G.A. Tsalidis, G. Spinelli [...] J. H. A. Kiel, Biomass and Bioenergy 106, pp 155-165
- An LCA-based evaluation of biomass to transportation fuel production and utilization pathways in a large port’s context, 2017, G.A. Tsalidis, F. El Discha, G. Korevaar, W. de Jong, J. H. A. Kiel, International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental and exergetic sustainability assessment of power generation from biomass, 2017, L. Stougie, G.A. Tsalidis, H.J. Van Der Kooi, G. Korevaar, Renewable Energy
- Supercritical water gasification of biomass in fluidized bed: First results and experiences obtained from TU Delft/Gensos semi-pilot scale setup, 2016, O. Yakaboylu, I. Albrecht, J. Harinck, K.G. Smit, G.A. Tsalidis [...] W. de Jong, Biomass and Bioenergy 111, pp 330-342
- Influence of Torrefaction Pretreatment on Reactivity and Permanent Gas Formation during Devolatilization of Spruce, 2015, G.A. Tsalidis, K. Voulgaris, K. Anastasakis [...] J. H. A. Kiel, Energy & Fuels 29 (9), pp 5825–5834
- Life cycle assessment of direct co-firing of torrefied and/or pelletised woody biomass with coal in The Netherlands, 2014, G.A. Tsalidis, Y. Joshi, G. Korevaar, W. de Jong, Journal of Cleaner Production 81, pp 168–177
The Zero Brine project concerns the redesign of the waste water treatment train of the European process industry. The objective of the project is becoming a guide for decreasing the environmental footprint of the process industry, improve European energy security and identify possible collaborations for achieving circular economy. My part concerns evaluating the environmental, economic and social performance of the affected industrial systems, and developing framework conditions for innovation.
Georgios Archimidis (George) Tsalidis
- +31 15 27 86956
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Engineering Systems and Services
Energy and Industry
Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment
Thermochemical conversion systems