Dr.ir. C. (Els) van Daalen
Els van Daalen is Associate Professor at the Policy Analysis section of the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) in the Netherlands. After obtaining her PhD in mechanical engineering on the topic of validation of knowledge based systems, she joined the faculty of Technology, Policy and Management in 1994. She is involved in both teaching and research in the area of methods for systems analysis and systems engineering. Specific methods of interest are System Dynamics and serious gaming. She has published on methodological issues as well as on applications of these methods. With regard to education, she has developed courses and programmes, and has taught and supervised students at all levels. She has been the director of the faculty’s educational programmes and a member of the faculty’s management team. She is currently the head of the Policy Analysis section.
- I.S. Mayer, C.E. van Daalen, P.W.G. Bots (2004). Perspectives on policy analyses: a framework for understanding and design. International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management. Vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 169-191.
- C.E. van Daalen, W.A.H. Thissen, A. Verbraeck and P.W.G. Bots (2009). Methods for the modelling and analysis of alternatives in A.P. Sage and W.B. Rouse (eds.), Handbook of Systems engineering and Management, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York, Chapter 26.
- C.E. van Daalen and P.W.G. Bots (2010). Using a systems perspective to design a problem solving process. Journal of Design Research. Volume 8, Issue 4, pp. 301-316.
- S. Eker, C.E. van Daalen and W. Thissen, W. (2017). Incorporating stakeholder perspectives into model-based scenarios: Exploring the futures of the Dutch gas sector. Futures, Volume 93, pp. 27–43.
- O. Garay Garcia, C.E. van Daalen, E. Chappin, B. van Nuland, I. Mohammed, and B. Enserink, B. (2018). Assessing the Residential Energy Rebound Effect by Means of a Serious Game. Simulation Gaming. Applications for Sustainable Cities and Smart Infrastructures, pp. 129–138.
- Policy Analysis of Multi Actor Systems – TB211
- Advanced System Dynamics – EPA1341
- Effective Decision Making – MOOC edX
Dr.ir. C. van Daalen
2021-01-01 - 2023-01-01