Dr. S.G. (Seleshi) Yalew
Seleshi is a postdoctoral researcher in the Faculty of Technology Policy and Management at TU Delft. He obtained a BSc degree in Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia in information systems, his MSc and PhD degrees in Hydroinformatics and Integrated Water Resources Management from IHE-Delft and TU Delft, respectively.
He has worked on interdisciplinary research projects and developed various environmental informatics tools and methods spanning the interaction between water, land and energy.
Seleshi is interested in continuing his research on big-data driven analysis of climate change impacts on the nexus between water, land, and energy to extract valuable services to support sectoral and inter-sectoral policy and decisions.
- Yalew, S.G., van Vliet, M.T.H., Gernaat, D.E.H.J. et al. (2020) Impacts of climate change on energy systems in global and regional scenarios. Nature Energy.
- David E.H.J. Gernaat, Seleshi G. Yalew, Vassilis Daioglou, Detlef P. van Vuuren (2021). Climate change impact on renewable energy supply. Nature Climate Change.
- Zapata, Victhalia; Gernaat, David; Yalew, Seleshi G.; Santos da Silva, Silvia R.; Iyer, Gokul; Hejazi, Mohamad; van Vuuren, Detlef (2021). Climate change impacts on the energy system: A model comparison. Environmental Research Letters (under review).
- David E.H.J. Gernaat, Patrick Bogaart, Hester Biemans, Michelle T. H. van Vliet, Seleshi G. Yalew, Detlef P. van Vuuren (2021). Climate change impacts on future hydropower cost-supply curves. Science Advances (under review).
- S.G. Yalew, T.Pilz, C.Schweitzer, S.Liersch, J.van der Kwast, A.van Griensven, M.L.Mul, C.Dickens, P.van der Zaag (2018). Coupling land-use change and hydrologic models for quantification of catchment ecosystem services. Environmental Modelling & Software. Volume 109, Pages 315-328.
- Groot, J., Yalew , S.G., Rossing, W.A.H., (2018). Exploring ecosystem services trade-offs in agricultural landscapes with a multi-objective programming approach. Landscape & Urban Planning. Volume 172, Pages 29-36.
- Yalew S.G., Van Griensven, A., Mul,M.L., Van der Zaag, P (2016). A framework for agricultural land suitability assessment. Computer and Electronics in Agriculture. Volume 128, Pages 1-8.
- Yalew, S.G., Van Griensven, A., Mul,M.L., Van der Zaag, P (2016). Land suitability analysis for agriculture in the Abbay basin using remote sensing, GIS and AHP techniques. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, June 2016, 2:101.
- Yalew, S.G., M.L. Mul , E. Teferi , A. van Griensven, d, J. Priess, C. Schweitzer, P. van der Zaag. (2016). Land-Use Change Modelling in the Upper Blue Nile Basin. Environments. Volume 3(3), 21.
- Yalew, S., van Griensven, A., Ray, N., Kokoszkiewicz, L., & Betrie, G. D. (2013). Distributed computation of large scale SWAT models on the Grid. Environmental Modelling & Software. Volume 41, Pages 223-230 Pages 223-230.
- +31 15 27 82 972
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: B1.371
Integrated water resources management
Ethically-informed optimization in water resources management
Water, energy, and food (WEF) nexus assessment
Climate change impacts assessment and climate services