Proof of English proficiency
In order to be considered for a position at VTI, you have to prove that your English is at a sufficient level.
One of the following certificates:
- A TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test) with an overall band score of at least 100 and a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- An IELTS (academic version) with a score of at least 7.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
The following English language certificates are accepted:
- TOEFL iBT
When registering for the test, indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, 0031. If you have already taken the test and did not indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, then check the test organisation’s website on how to provide TU Delft access to your scores.
- IELTS (academic version)
- Cambridge Assessment English
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Certificates older than two years will not be accepted.
Instead of your English language certificate you may also upload a screen print from the test organisation’s website with your test results. Your name and date of your test must be clearly visible in the screen shot.