The TU Delft Education Fellowship is a two-year grant (€25,000 per year per fellow) to carry out an innovative educational project. The Fellowship recognises and appreciates the efforts of ‘lecturers’ for educational innovation and boosts the impact on educational reform and development. Lecturers, Assistant professors, Associate professors and Full professors are eligible as Education Fellow. The Dean of each faculty nominates each year a maximum of two potential Fellows. Each year TU Delft appoints four new Education Fellows. Since 2016, 31 Education Fellows have started their educational fellow project.
Education Fellows are accountable for intended project results and are supposed to actively propagate them to the (Engineering) Education Community both inside and outside the university.
Furthermore, Education Fellows perform an ambassadorial role within the university. They encourage other lecturers to also be or get actively involved in educational innovation. To this end, Fellows will also be actively involved in the Teaching Academy and the TU Delft Education Day.
Every year Rob Mudde, Vice-Rector Magnificus/Vice President Education, and Annoesjka Cabo, Academic Director Teaching Academy invite the Deans to nominate a maximum of two candidates from their faculty by sending in their names together with a concise dossier for each of them.
The deadline for the nominations is Monday 18 September 2023.
An assessment committee will assess all nominations on the basis of assessment criteria and a dossier. They will select maximum 4 proposals.
- 18 september 2023: Deadline nominations by the deans.
- Mid October 2023: Assessment Committee meeting
- Before the end of October: The assessment committee will decide about granting the Fellowships.
- 9 November 2023 TU Delft Education Day: Official announcement of the new appointed TU Delft Education Fellows.
- 1 January 2024: The appointed Education Fellows will start their projects.
Lecturers, Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Full Professors are eligible as Education Fellow.
Nominated candidates are expected:
- to set-up an innovative educational project fitting within the TU Delft Strategic Framework on Students & Education.
- to have demonstrated the structural quality of their education.
- to have experience in effective innovation in education.
- to have demonstrated ongoing development of their teaching knowledge and skills.
- to have demonstrated that they have been and will be cooperating with other teachers for the development/ innovation of education.
- to have demonstrated that they have been and will be sharing their knowledge and experiences inside or outside the university, for example through presentations, publications, workshops or lunch seminars.
The above criteria are demonstrated and incorporated in the nomination dossier.
The criteria mentioned above should be accounted for in a dossier containing:
- A description of the innovative project to be carried out by the candidate (connected to criteria 1,5,6) consisting of a clear Goal, Problem Description, Methods to be used, Activities, Global timeline, Planned budget spend and Deliverables (approximately 3-6 pages).
- An education CV of the candidate (connected to criteria 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- A nomination letter by the Dean of the Faculty the candidate is employed at.
The awarded "Lecturer/Educator of the Year" from the faculties @TU Delft can be nominated without an education CV. Their status as Lecturer of the Year allows them to propose an educational project without additional evidence. A nomination letter and a description of the innovative project is still necessary.
The Assessment Committee consists of the Vice-Rector Magnificus/Vice President Education, Academic Director of the Teaching Academy, a Dean, a Director of Education and an appointed Education Fellow.
They will select maximum 4 proposals on the basis of the criteria and dossier mentioned above.