From 2006 until 2019, I worked as a full-time scientific group leader at the NWO Institute AMOLF in Amsterdam. During this period I have taught invited M.Sc. & B.Sc. lectures in biophysics at Wageningen University, Utrecht University, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam University College, ErasmusMC, Radboud University Nijmegen, and invited PhD courses in biophysics & cell biology at the TU Dresden, Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Les Houches, St Catherine’s College Oxford UK, Forschungszentrum Jülich, EMBL Heidelberg, and Corsica.
- PhD course ‘Biology for physicists’, Casimir Research School, co-taught with Martina Huber (UL), june 2021
- The material properties of living matter, two guest lectures for the MSc course “Nonequilibrium Systems and Transport Phenomena”, physics/chemistry students, Utrecht University, 28 october 2020
- Masterclass Cell division-Experimental aspects, BaSyC consortium summer school, Texel, Netherlands, 7-9 september 2020
- B.Sc. Nanobiology course ‘Nanotechnology’ for Nanobiology, co-taught with Liedewij Laan, april-may 2020
- Active material properties of the cytoskeleton, invited lecture for the Microswimmers lecture series, TU Dresden (faculties of math, physics, chemistry and biology), Germany 12 april 2019