KNAW BiophysicsNL Talks
Welcome to the website of the KNAW (Dutch for “Royal Academy of Sciences”) BioPhysicsNL Talks. These meetings are traditionally hosted at the Royal Academy of Sciences in Amsterdam and have a long history of bringing the Dutch BioPhysics community together. This Fall, we’ll be hosting these meetings in an online format, enabling us to increase our reach towards the international biophysics community.
The structure of these meetings will also adapt to our virtual format. The meeting will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, from 15:30-17:30 (CET Amsterdam), with our next meeting on November 10th 2020.
The first hour will be composed of two research talks given by PIs from inside and outside the Netherlands aimed to give a broad and accessible overview of the field.
The 2nd hour will be a tutorial, where one of our earlier speakers of the day will go into the technical details of the research. This session is especially aimed at students and postdocs (max 20, to facilitate interaction). We cordially invite you to join such a session by registering see below. You are asked to give a brief motivation. Based on a combination of motivation and first come first serve, we will allocate spots.
You can watch the seminar and tutorial by:
- Live streaming on the Youtube channel BioPhysicsNL
- Via Zoom with this link. Use passcode: +=y6VU
- If you would like to participate in the discussion with the speaker/the tutorial you can register here.
For up to date information please follow our twitter feed: @BiophysicsNL
- Richard Naher: Real-time tracking of SARS-CoV-2 evolution and spread
- Kristina Ganziger: Exploring information transfer in the immune system – reconstituting membrane-bound signalling processes in vitro
- Tutorial talk: Richard Neher: Modeling and predicting RNA virus evolution
- Naama Brenner: The dynamic basis of phenotypic variability
- Cliff Brangwynne: Nucleation Landscape of Biomolecular Condensates