Prof.dr.ir. André de Haan
Within the Chemical Engineering department André de Haan’s main responsibility comprises the product & process design education program at MSc and EngD level. This involves attracting and supervising individual design projects for EngD trainees, and teaching Product & Process Design to MSc students in Chemical Engineering.
His research activities focus on conceptual design and intensification of processes for circular and/or biobased production of chemical products and food ingredients.
André de Haan was appointed as part-time full professor in Process Technology in 2014, which he combines with a position as principal technologist at COSUN Innovation since 2016. After finalizing his PhD at Delft University of Technology in 1991 he worked in various positions at DSM. From 1999-2006 he held the chair Separation Technology at the University of Twente and from 2006-2010 the chair in Process Systems Engineering at the Technical University of Eindhoven. In 2010 he joined Corbion-Purac as corporate scientist process technology in combination with a part-time position at the Technical University of Eindhoven till the end of 2013.
Product Driven Process Design
Process Systems Engineering
- Product and Process Design, 1st yr ChemE MSc course, 6 ECTS
- Conceptual Design Project, 1st yr ChemE MSc course, 12 ECTS
External Boards and Committees:
- Board member of the EFCE working party “Fluid Separations”
- Board member of the Dechema-Processnet working group “Extraction”
TUD Boards and Committees:
- Scientific director TU-Delft EngD program “Process and Equipment Design”