My name is Cansel Temiz. I was born (1990) and raised in Ankara, Turkey. After completing my BSc studies at Chemistry and MSc studies at Polymer Science & Technology at Middle East Technical University, I have moved to The Netherlands to do my PhD under the supervision of Dr. Rienk Eelkema and Dr. Ferdinand Grozema at Delft University of Technology.
My work aims to achieve control over charge and excited state dynamics by engineering the optoelectronic properties of new organic semiconductor molecules and the way they organize in the solid state. As a starting point, I design, synthesize and characterize individual organic semiconductor molecules. In the second stage, the charge and exciton transport properties are studied by unique Pulse Radiolysis Time Resolved Microwave Conductivity (PR-TRMC) measurements. Apart from this, I am also involved in designing and synthesizing organic small molecules for single molecule mechanically controlled break junctions (MCBJs) with the collaboration of van der Zant group at physics department, TU Delft. By PR-TRMC technique, I measure temperature-dependent charge and exciton transport properties of different individual organic molecules synthesized by our collaborators from all over the world. Aside from research, I am interested in travelling, reading, playing violoncello, yoga, photography and music.
- 2015- present: PhD student, Department of Chemical Engineering, TU Delft. Relation between supramolecular structure and the charge and excited state dynamics in organic materials
- 2013-2015: MSc, Polymer Science and Technology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. Synthesis and characterization of random copolymers for polymer solar cell applications
- 2008-2013: BSc, Chemistry, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- 2012: Quality Control Intern, Novartis, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2011: Intern, Prof. Dr. Carlotta Guiducci Laboratory of Life Sciences Electronics, Biochemistry, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Effect of substituent groups on quinoxaline-based random copolymers on the optoelectronic and photovoltaic properties, S. Cevher, G. Hizalan, C. Temiz, Y. Arslan Udum, L. Toppare, A. Cirpan, Polymer, 2016, 101, 208-216.
- Poster Prize, ECME, 2017, Dresden, Germany
- Most outstanding student, IFSOE, 2016, Moscow, Russia