What do I do with Lab work?
On campus, courses often have labs or objects students need to physically see or touch. We are aware that this is not easy to do remotely. Try to think of what is possible. For instance:
- Record a short video (touring spaces or zooming in on objects) and take pictures of on-campus objects. Contact the NewMedia Centre in case you need help.
- Add assignments where you show specific situations. For example:
- Ask students what the right order of actions is.
- Show the results of a measurement and ask students to interpret them.
- Show lab equipment and ask students how they can use it.
- Add the videos and assignments on Brightspace.
- Add a forum for questions and discussion.
Further tips to Run Lab Activities by Stanford University.