Share, Inspire, Impact: The Digital Competence Centre
Supporting software, data and computational needs for research at TU Delft
On Tuesday, 12 October 2021, a diverse and dynamic group of university management, research and research support professionals from TU Delft and beyond are taking part in the Digital Competence Centre (DCC) showcase event.
The aim of the event is inspire discussion and exchange among key stakeholders of the DCC about the need and potential for embedding digital competence support services within the university for impactful research and education.
On 12 October, 70 participants will gather for this virtual event to discuss
- Who is the TU Delft Digital Competence Centre (DCC)?
- Why is it essential to invest in increasing digital competencies at TU Delft?
- How can the DCC help TU Delft researchers increase the impact and reach of their research?
- What is needed to successfully embed and sustain the DCC within TU Delft?
13:00 Welcome | Kees Vuik & Meta Keijzer-de Ruijter
13:10 Opening | Dr. Irene Haslinger, Director TUD Library
13:30 Who is the DCC? | Manuel Garcia Alvarez, A glimpse behind the scenes
13:50 Intermezzo | Video testimonial 1
14:05 Share & Inspire | Roundtable discussion & Q&A on the impact of the DCC programme
14:50 Break / Networking Opportunity
15:10 Lightning Pitches for Breakout Rooms
15:20 Breakout Sessions
- Community Building
- Digital skills building and training
- Looking Ahead: DCC Services for impactful digital research competencies of the future
- Infrastructure, Technology and Tooling for Scientific Computing
16:10 Intermezzo | Video testimonial 2
16:15 Plenary Feedback and Synthesis with a visual twist
16:45 Closing | Vice Rector Prof. Rob Mudde
For more information, please contact Deirdre Casella, Communications Advisor, TU Delft Library, Research Data Services or Julie Beardsell, Coordinator, Digital Competence Centre, ICT/Innovation.
(*event programme is subject to minor changes)