Mr. Rui Wu
Mr. Wu graduated from Materials Science and Engineering of Wuhan University of Technology with Bachelor degree in 2020. After graduation, he continued his Master study at the Faculty of Materials Engineering of Wuhan University of Technology and obtained his Master degree in 2022. Currently, Mr. Wu is a PhD student funded by China Scholarship Council under the supervision of Prof. Sandra Erkens and Dr. Xueyan Liu.
The research of Mr. Wu has focused on the blending zone and interfacial transition zone in reclycled aspahlt mixture (mixture consisting of fresh bitumen, aggregates and RAP). He is working on characterizing the morphology information and mechanical information about these two zones and incorporating them into numerical simulation to analyze the cracking behavior and raveling in recylcled asphalt mixture. He wants to enhance the mechanism for the possible premature failure in recylcled asphalt mixture and provide a reliable numerical analysis methodology to predict it.
- 2020 - 2022: Master of Materials Science and Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China
- 2016 - 2020: Bachelor of Materials Science and Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China
- 2022 - Present: PhD candidate, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
- Microstructure of RAP
- Characteristics of blending zone and interfacial transition zone in RAP
- Finite element modelling
- Digital image processing and data analysis