...It's all about Education!
The Teaching Academy is the network for and by lecturers of TU Delft with the mission to “collaboratively enhance engineering education” across faculty boundaries.
The Teaching Academy, represented by Annoesjka Cabo as Academic Director, has 3 key elements:
- The Teaching Academy Community
- The Teaching Academy Home: the Teaching Lab
- The Teaching Academy Programme (to facilitate the mission, the community and the Teaching Lab)
The Teaching Academy Community, Teaching Lab and Teaching Academy Programme are supported by the Teaching Academy Facilitation Team.
In carrying out the Teaching Academy mission:
- we CONNECT (ideas and people)
- we SHARE (knowledge and experience)
- we SPOTLIGHT (lecturers and educational initiatives, experiments and innovations)
- we EXPERIMENT (in the Teaching Lab for example)
To connect, share, spotlight & experiment, we organise various knowledge-sharing activities, lead educational projects & the TU Delft Education Fellowship, facilitate experiments, grant Teaching Awards and organise the TU Delft Education Day.
Within the Teaching Academy the focus is on showing how fellow lecturers do their education/teaching to inspire and learn from each other.
In doing so, we also make the connection with the didactic/educational knowledge support that is available at, among others, Teaching & Learning Services (TLS), New Media Center, Library and the faculties.