Dr. P. (Peng) Lin
Peng Lin works as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Pavement Engineering Section. He received his bachelor degree in 2013 at Chongqing University, master and doctor degrees in 2016 and 2020 at Tongji University. He was awarded the National Scholarship for Doctoral Student, Excellent Graduates in Shanghai and Science and Technology Progress Award in Guangzhou, and he is the fundraising/young committee member of IACIP, TRC and IFRAE, as well as the member of TRB, AAPT, RILEM and APSE.
Peng Lin’s main research interests are the experimental and numerical characterization of the aging of polymer modified bitumen, including SBS, SBR, PPA and terminal blend rubberized bitumen. He is recently working on the recycling of asphalt pavement materials to improve the circular economy and reduce raw materials consumption and CO2 emissions. Research topics include developing of innovative rejuvenators for high-performance recycling of polymer modified asphalt mixture and quick cold in-place recycling techniques.
Delft University of Technology, Bouwplaats Bitumen and Asphalt (Q1 2019).
- Supervision during experiments and preparation of lab manual;
- Answering questions and giving feedback on assignment.
Delft University of Technology, Pavement Engineering (Q1&2 2020-present).
- One lecture to introduce polymer modified bitumen;
- Answering questions and giving feedback on assignment.
- Lin, Peng, Weidong Huang, Yi Li, Naipeng Tang, and Feipeng Xiao. “Investigation of Influence Factors on Low Temperature Properties of SBS Modified Asphalt.” Construction and Building Materials 154 (November 15, 2017): 609–22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.06.118.
- Lin Peng, Huang Weidong, Liu Xueyan, Apostolids Panos, Wang Haopeng, and Yan Chuanqi. “Laboratory Evaluation of the Effects of Long-Term Aging on High-Content Polymer-Modified Asphalt Binder.” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 32, no. 7 (July 1, 2020): 04020157. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0003208.
- Lin, Peng, Weidong Huang, Naipeng Tang, and Feipeng Xiao. “Performance Characteristics of Terminal Blend Rubberized Asphalt with SBS and Polyphosphoric Acid.” Construction and Building Materials 141 (June 15, 2017): 171–82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.02.138.
- Lin, Peng, Weidong Huang, Naipeng Tang, Feipeng Xiao, and Yi Li. “Understanding the Low Temperature Properties of Terminal Blend Hybrid Asphalt through Chemical and Thermal Analysis Methods.” Construction and Building Materials 169 (April 2018): 543–52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.02.060.
- Lin, Peng, Xueyan Liu, Panos Apostolidis, Sandra Erkens, Shisong Ren, Shi Xu, Tom Scarpas, and Weidong Huang. “On the Rejuvenator Dosage Optimization for Aged SBS Modified Bitumen.” Construction and Building Materials 271 (February 15, 2021): 121913. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2020.121913.
- Lin, Peng, Chuanqi Yan, Weidong Huang, Yi Li, Lu Zhou, Naipeng Tang, Feipeng Xiao, Yi Zhang, and Quan Lv. “Rheological, Chemical and Aging Characteristics of High Content Polymer Modified Asphalt.” Construction and Building Materials 207 (May 2019): 616–29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.02.086.
- Lin, Peng, X. Liu, P. Apostolidis, S. Erkens, M. Ven, T. Scarpas, W. Huang. Effect of Rejuvenators on Performance-based Properties of Aged Polymer Modified Bitumen (TRB-20- 02423) Transportation Research Board 99th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington, D.C., Jan. 11-15, 2020
- Lin, Peng, X. Liu, P. Apostolidis, S. Erkens, M. Ven, T. Scarpas, W. Huang. Optimizing the Rejuvenators Dosage of Aged Polymer Modified Bitumen through Performance-based Tests (TRB-20-02432) Transportation Research Board 99th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington, D.C., Jan. 11-15, 2020
- Innovative Cold in Place Recycling for Surface Asphalt Concrete, (funded by DJZ,2019-2022)
- Aging Mechanism of High Content Polymer Modified Asphalt Concrete, (funded by Ministry of Transport of China,2020-2021)
- Mechanism, Simulation and Performance Evaluation of High Content SBS Polymer Modified Asphalt (funded by China NSFC, 51978518, 2019-2020)
- Application of Furfural Extracted Oil in Asphalt Pavement (funded by China Sinopec, 2016)
- Reaction Mechanism and Rheological Properties Investigation of Terminal Blend Rubberized Asphalt (funded by Hebei DOT, 2016)
- Microscopic, Mesoscopic Structure and Rheological Properties of Terminal Blend Rubberized Asphalt (funded by China NSFC, 51478351, 2014)
- Evaluation of Water Damage Resistance of Asphalt Mixture With HON Warm Mix Additive (funded by China Honeywell, 51478351, 2014)
- Cracking resistance investigation of asphalt mixture (funded by Shanghai DOT, 2015)
Conference and Workshop Committee & Moderator
- Youth Committee, Transportation Research Congress 2020 (TRC-2020). Hangzhou, China, May,2021
- Organizing and Youth Committee, International Symposium on Frontiers of Road and Airport Engineering 2021, Delft, the Netherlands, July12-14, 2021
Peer Review Services for Journals and Conferences
- Construction and Building Materials
- Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering
- Transportation Research Record
- Materials and Structures
- International Journal of Pavement Engineering
- Road Materials and Pavement Design
- COTA International Conference of Transportation Professionals 2017
- International Symposium on Frontiers of Road and Airport Engineering 2021
- Transportation Research Congress 2020
- Member of the Fundraising Committee of International Association of Chinese Infrastructure Professionals (IACIP)
- National Academy of Sciences Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- Member of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists (AAPT)
- Member of the The International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures (RILEM)
- Member of the Academy of Pavement Science and Engineering (APSE)
- + 31 (0)6 19772036
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
2628 CN Delft
Room: Stevin II 1.25
Monday till Friday