Highlight Delft 2023: Innovative art & technology route 16-18 February
Discover a very special view of the future, created by innovative makers selected by Highlight Delft, on display in Delft for three evenings only.
16 February 2023 00:00 till 18 February 2023 23:55 - Location: Delft | Add to my calendar
THE ART OF FUTURE TECHNOLOGY
Discover the 'City Centre Delft' and 'TU Delft Campus' art route from 16 to 18 February 2023. Over 25 future ideas show the inspiring fusion of art and technology in experimental installations, performances, and possibilities.
Can buildings think and care for themselves in the future? See how 'living glass' and fragile Symbiote lives and dies bit by bit. Discover how to store data in plants at Grow Your Own Cloud and let the Highlight ORACLE predict future ideas.
Experience these and many more intriguing works from 16 to 18 February 2023 at Testlab Highlight Delft. In addition to the route 'City Center Delft' and 'TU Delft Campus', you will find the works of 'Space of Possibilities' around the hubs.
Two Highlight Delft hubs are the start location of the route. Exchange your e-ticket for a festival wristband here. Tickets are available at: www.highlightdelft.nl. You are welcome between 5:30 PM and 11:30 PM all days.
New in 2023: this year Theater de Veste and Highlight Delft proudly present a performance program on Friday and Saturday for the first time. How does it feel to be a musical part of In between Copper and Zinc as a visitor, when special sounds surround you from all sides. Or would you rather play along with the interactive cello of This isn't Solo using an app on your phone?
View various special projects at TU Delft Campus, like the microscopic images of Algae Exposed and Komorebi's swarm of 100 communicating sound creatures. At TU Delft Science Centre, you will find the prototypes of Flapper Drones and Poietic Veil, the living architecture sculpture created by Philip Beesley in collaboration with students from the Interactive Environments minor.
TIP: If you would like to experience everything along the route, both in the centre of Delft and TU Delft Campus, including several performances and the 'Space of Possibilities' projects on display, it is best to buy a 3-day pass (passepartout).
With a passepartout you will not miss a thing of Highlight Delft 2023. Come and see your favourite installation for three days long. Tickets and passepartouts: www.highlightdelft.nl
- City Centre Delft hub: van Leeuwenhoekpark 1, at The Social Hub. During this walk you will also pass by Theater de Veste and Expositieruimte 38CC.
- TU Delft Campus hub: Mekelweg 8, outside building X. During this walk you will also pass by the TU Delft Science Centre.
More information and tickets.
Visiting FAQs and practical information.
Video Sneak Preview: https://youtu.be/zMXBQ82J8Rw.
Highlight Delft: 16-18 February 2023, open 17:30-23:30 h/5:30-11:30 pm. www.highlightdelft.nl
ARTIST LINE UP HIGHLIGHT DELFT 2023 (tentative)
- Jeanine Verloop – Symbiote
- Mariska de Groot – BROM
- Luuk Meints – Koki’o
- Macular – CylindersRob van Es – Botanical Survivors
- Philip Beesley – Poietic Veil
- Armand Lesecq – Winner Open Call Binaural Audio Art
- Matteo Marangoni & Dieter Vandoren - Komorebi
- Volkert van der Wijk - Anemona Magnifica
- Grow Your Own Cloud - Urban Data Forest
- Jan Willem Hagenbeek - Resonating Room
- Teresa van Dongen – Sun Catcher
- Wim van Egmond – Algae Exposed
- Rafaele Andrade & Sabrina Verhage – This isn’t Solo
- Kunrad – Between Copper and Zinc
- Myriam Bleau - Soft Revolvers & Hypermobility
- Edwin van der Heide – Lijn
- Matěj Karásek, Rick Ruijsink & Guido de Croon - Flapper Drones
- Aidan Wyber – Highlight ORACLE
- Johan van de Wiel
- RNDR – Oracle 1.0
- Ruben van Esterik & New Designers & Developers Meetup – Digital Bugfest
- BAMI Studio
- Bureau Moeilijke Dingen - AI Synthesizer
- Speech Organ via Art on Campus
- Minor Advanced Prototyping