Make sure you settle issues concerning data ownership at a very early stage of your research project - this will save you a lot of time and troubles during and at the end of your project:
- Make arrangements about data exploitation explicit:
- Who is allowed to use the data?
- Can the data be made publicly available?
- Document any agreements between yourself and other parties involved in your Data Management Plan
- Your faculty contract manager will be able to advise on these agreements
Remember that the TU Delft Research Data Framework Policy expects you to deposit your research data, code and any other materials needed to reproduce research findings in a research data repository in accordance with the FAIR principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable), unless there are valid reasons not to do so.
Re-using data of others
If you want to re-use data of others, first check if there is a data license. The data licence should inform you what you can and cannot do with the data. In case of doubts, contact your faculty contract manager or your Faculty Data Steward.
Get in touch with Faculty Data Steward.