Z. (Zekeriya) Erkin
- A text on privacy for Amsterdam Security Blog: Do you have nothing to hide?
- My interview on CSng, page 24:
- Computational Privacy (Processing Sensitive Data)
- Privacy-aware Trusted Healthcare-COMMIT Project
- Secure Online Social Networks-STW Project
- Secure Recommender Systems-STW Project
- Secure Clustering Algorithms-EU Project
- Privacy-preserving data aggregation in e.g. Smart Grids
- Distributed Trust-Blockchain
- Cloud computing: integrity and verifiability, and data privacy
- Anonymization Techniques for Open Data
- Emotion Maps for Crowd Management-COMMIT Project
- Blockchain and Logistics Innovation, TKI Logistiek, 2016-2018
- 3TU Big Software on the Run 2015-2019.
- COMMIT/TheCS: Trusted Healthcare Systems. 2012-2017
- COMMIT/EWIDS: Extreme Wireless Distributed Sensor Networks. 2012-2017
- KS: Kindred Spirits. December 2009-December 2012
- SPEED: Signal Processing in the Encrypted Domain. December 2007-December 2009
- Member of the 4TU Nirict Cyber Security Theme, representing TU Delft
- Core member of ICT Next Generation (ICTNG) group
- Member of the Blockchain Lab, TU Delft: see blockchain-lab.org
- Special Area Editor of Eurasip Journal on Information Security
- Member of the IEEE SPS Technical Committee on Information Forensics and Security for the term 2015-2018
- Special Area Editor of Elsevier Signal Processing: Image Communication (ended 2018)
- Program co-chair of IEEE WIFS 2017
- Program committee member in BCC '17 ACM Workshop on Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Contracts
- Co-organizer of the special session on "Signal Processing in the Encrypted Domain" at IEEE WIFS, December 4-7, 2016, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Co-chair of the Workshop on Privacy Enhancing Technologies and Security Solutions for the Smart Grid User Domain (PRETSELS) to be held in Salzburg, September 2015.
- Member of the organisation committee of IEEE Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, December 2015, Rome, Italy.
- Proceedings of PETs Editorial board member
- Program committee member of PETs 2016, ACM IH&MMSec 2015, 2016 PETs 2015 , PETs 2014 , SEGS 2014
- Technical committee member of IEEE ICASSP, IEEE ICIP
- ACM IHMMSec 2014 Co-organizer of the Special Session on Security and Privacy Technologies for Intelligent Energy Networks
- IEEE ICIP 2012 Co-organizer of the Special Session on Recent advances in cryptography and image processing
- IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security, Multimedia, Dependable and Secure Computing, Smart Grid and Signal Processing Magazine
- ACM Trans. on Information and System Security
- Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing
- Blockchain and Self Sovereign Identity, Workshop on Blockchain and Identity, ECID, Soesterberg, The Netherlands, March 15.
- Distributed Trust and Logistics, Transport and Off-Shore Services, Rotterdam, Feb 21.
- Safety and privacy issues in using freely downloadable health care apps, 4th European Congress on eCardiology and eHealth, Berlin, Germany, 8-10 November, 2017
- Blockchain: A Disruptive Technology with its Limitations (Keynote), The 51st International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology, Madrid, Spain, October 23-26, 2017
- Blockchain: A disruptive Technology (will be) reshaping the world, JADS, October 6, 2017, 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
- Blockchain: A disruptive Technology (will be) reshaping the world, Cyber Security Academy, June 15, 2017, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Blockchain: A disruptive Technology reshaping the world, CGI Round Table Meeting, June 8, 2017, Rotterdam Alexander, The Netherlands
- Processing Biometric Data under Encryption, PI.LAB, March 3, 2017, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Privacy-preserving Data Aggregation in Smart Cities, IPA Fall Days on Communication, Safety and Privacy in IoT, November 7-11, 2016, Hoog Soeren, The Netherlands
- Privacy, Who cares and who should care?, Big Data and Privacy, Seaside Matchmaking Event, October 15, 2016, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Cloud computing: Integrity and Secure Computation, PvIB seminar, 10 March 2016, Zeist, The Netherlands
- Processing Private Data for Customized Services in Smart Grids, Dagstuhl Seminar on Smart Grid Security and Privacy, 18-20 Jan 2016, Dagstuhl, Germany
- Cloud Computing: Verification, Integrity and Consistency, The HSD Cafe, 17 Dec 2015, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Secure Biometric Data Processing, Privacy, Multimedia and Biometrics Workshop, October 6, 2015, Paris, France
- Recent Advances in Private Data Aggregation, PRETSELS Workshop, September 21-22, Salzburg, Austria
- Privacy Preserving Data Aggregation Protocols, IBM Zurich Research Lab Talks, July 6, 2015, Zurich, Switzerland
- Private Data Aggregation for Smart Grids, PETs Day, June 3, 2015, Darmstadt, Germany
- Privacy Preserving Data Processing, 2nd National Cryptography Workshop, Turkish Academy of Sciences, , April 10-11, 2015, Istanbul, Turkey
Dr. Z. Erkin is a tenured assistant professor in the Cyber Security Group, Delft University of Technology. He received his PhD degree on “Secure Signal Processing” in 2010 from Delft University of Technology where he has continued his research on Privacy Enhancing Technologies, particularly on Computational Privacy.
His interest is on protecting sensitive data from malicious entities and service providers using cryptographic tools. While his interest on solutions based on provably secure cryptographic protocols is the core of his research, Dr. Erkin is also investigating distributed trust for building such protocols without trusted entities.
Dr. Erkin has been involved in several European and national projects one of which is on Blockchain and Logistics Innovations where an unbounded scalable blockchain version with confidentiality is being developed. He is serving also in numerous committees including IEEE TIFS, Eurasip SAT on Information Security, is an area editor in Eurasip Journal on Information Security and Elsevier Image processing. Dr. Erkin is a member of TU Delft Blockchain Lab, also serving as a core member of Cyber Security Next Generation ( CSng), a community of cyber security researchers in the Netherlands and ICT Next Generation ( ICTng).
Here are some pointers...
My research is on Computational Privacy: protecting (privacy and/or commercially) sensitive data using cryptographic tools.
I am also conducting active research on blockchain: fundamental research around consensus algorithms, leadership selection, cryptographic building blocks and smart contracts.
Interested Research Areas
I am currently involved in the following projects:
I am also acting as a reviewer for the following journals.
Recent Talks and Keynotes
- 2007 - Multimedia Compression
- 2008 - Multimedia Compression
- 2010 - Stochastische processen
- 2011 - Stochastische processen
- 2013 - Stochastische processen
- 2012 - Stochastische processen
- 2014 - Security and Cryptography
- 2017 - Security and Cryptography
- 2015 - Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- 2016 - Security and Cryptography
- 2015 - Security and Cryptography
- 2015 - Datamining
- 2018 - Security and Cryptography
- 2018 - Blockchain Engineering
- 2017 - Blockchain Engineering
- 2016 - Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- 2018 - Secure Data Management
- 2017 - Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- 2016 - Datamining