1794 - Project Engineer
high-end mechatronic systems
This young high-tech company, with their headquarters located in the Amsterdam area, produces highly technological mechatronic products for the worldwide simulation and test industry. They have a wealth of experience in the design, development and manufacturing of electric motion and control loading systems for a wide variety of applications such as vehicle simulation (pilot training simulators, cars, trains, armoured vehicles, etc.), entertainment rides, research and development applications.
Their simulator platforms are designed and assembled in their in-house workshop and exported worldwide. This company is one of the very few Dutch specialists when it comes to motion simulation and control force simulation, translating into high demand for their services.
You work on state-of-the-art mechanical tech that combines electronics, mechanical parts and software. What’s ultimately sold is a complex system that must be integrated with the customers’ existing equipment, as well as the building that will house the simulator.
You fulfil the phase between sales and acceptance. This means dealing with the customer, purchasing parts and implementing customizations and performing acceptance tests. For some projects you are also required to do aircraft system modelling or vehicle customization. You will work on small as well as large designs, for a different number of clients.
As part of the project team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Work in a commercial environment with direct customer communication
- Build and maintain a good relationship with customers
- Manage the given projects on time, budget and quality
- Plan and coordinate project activities between all departments to ensure successful delivery to customers
- Monitor and forecast project hours, costs and schedule
- Coordinate and assist the systems/mechanical design department to achieve a product
- Read and interpret schematics, manuals, software and procedures
- Prepare technical documentation and design specifications
- Oversee factory acceptance test
It is also necessary to be on site and visit the client for acceptance tests. You’ll travelling approximately 4 times year independently. That why it’s important to have a driving license before the start of the job.
- TU, discipline Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years relevant project management work experience in a relevant industry and applications
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Accurate, concise and well organized
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Flexible, hands-on, a self-starter
- Able to handle unexpected situations and implement mitigation and recovery plans
Non-EU engineers graduated in the Netherlands are also welcome to apply.
SUPAIR is a recognized sponsor of the IND and specialized in all IND applications.