Dr.ir. C.C.J.M. (Christian) Tiberius
Christian Tiberius obtained his PhD in 1998 at Delft University of Technology, on recursive data processing for kinematic GPS surveying. He is an associate professor at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences. He is involved in GNSS positioning and navigation research, currently with an emphasis on data quality control, SBAS and Precise Point Positioning.
Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
My research focuses on accurate and reliable positioning of objects using radio-signals. Positioning systems range from Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), like GPS and Galileo, to local and indoor terrestrial navigation - beyond GPS - in particular with wide-band radio signals. The goal of my research is to develop algorithms for positioning, and associated quality control. The challenge thereby lies in optimal use of the sensor output, in order to meet demands on accuracy and integrity of the positioning system. Applications lie in accurate positioning of road- and rail-traffic, high-integrity positioning of aircraft in critical phases of flight, monitoring of Civil Engineering structures, like dams and bridges, and positioning of humans and objects in indoor environments, for instance in a big airport terminal.
- Bakker, PF de, Marel, H van der & Tiberius, CCJM (2009). Geometry-free undifferend, single and double differenced analysis frequency GPS, EGNOS and GIOVE-A/B measurements. GPS Solutions, 13(4), 305-314.
- Yan, J, Tiberius, CCJM, Janssen, GJM, Teunissen, PJG & Bellusci, G (2013). Review of range-based positioning algorithms. IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, 28(8), 2-27.
- Lepadatu, L , Tiberius, CCJM (2014). GPS for structural health monitoring - case study on the Basarab overpass cable-stayed bridge., Journal of Applied Geodesy, 8 (1), 65-86.
- Valk, M , Savenije, HHG , Tiberius, CCJM , Luxemburg, WMJ (2014). Determining slack tide with a GPS receiver on an anchored buoy., Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 18 (7), 2599-2613.
- Yan, J., C.C.J.M. Tiberius, G. Bellusci and G.J.M. Janssen (2013). Non-Line-of-Sight identification for indoor positioning using Ultra-Wideband radio signals. NAVIGATION. Vol. 60, No. 2, Summer 2013. pp. 97-111.
- AESB2120 Instrumentation and signals with Matlab – 2nd year BSc course Applied Earth Sciences
- CTB3310 Surveying and Mapping – 3rd year BSc course Civil Engineering
- CIE4522 GPS for Civil Engineering and Geosciences – MSc course
- Coordinator of MSc-track in Geoscience and Remote Sensing (GRS)