Dr.ir. C.C.J.M. (Christian) Tiberius
Christian Tiberius received his Ph.D. degree on recursive data processing for kinematic GPS surveying from Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, in 1998. He is an Associate Professor with the Geoscience and Remote Sensing (GRS) Department, Delft University of Technology. His research domain lies in navigation, with GNSS and terrestrial radio positioning. The integrity aspect of positioning is thereby of key-interest
Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
My research focuses on accurate and reliable positioning of objects using radio-signals. Positioning systems range from Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), like GPS and Galileo, to local and indoor terrestrial navigation - beyond GPS - in particular with wide-band radio signals. The goal of my research is to develop algorithms for positioning, and associated quality control. The challenge thereby lies in optimal use of the sensor output, in order to meet demands on accuracy and integrity of the positioning system. Applications lie in accurate positioning of road- and rail-traffic, high-integrity positioning of aircraft in critical phases of flight, monitoring of Civil Engineering structures, like dams and bridges, and positioning of humans and objects in indoor environments, for instance in a big airport terminal.
- Bakker, PF de, Marel, H van der & Tiberius, CCJM (2009). Geometry-free undifferend, single and double differenced analysis frequency GPS, EGNOS and GIOVE-A/B measurements. GPS Solutions, 13(4), 305-314.
- Yan, J, Tiberius, CCJM, Janssen, GJM, Teunissen, PJG & Bellusci, G (2013). Review of range-based positioning algorithms. IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, 28(8), 2-27.
- Lepadatu, L , Tiberius, CCJM (2014). GPS for structural health monitoring - case study on the Basarab overpass cable-stayed bridge., Journal of Applied Geodesy, 8 (1), 65-86.
- Valk, M , Savenije, HHG , Tiberius, CCJM , Luxemburg, WMJ (2014). Determining slack tide with a GPS receiver on an anchored buoy., Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 18 (7), 2599-2613.
- Yan, J., C.C.J.M. Tiberius, G. Bellusci and G.J.M. Janssen (2013). Non-Line-of-Sight identification for indoor positioning using Ultra-Wideband radio signals. NAVIGATION. Vol. 60, No. 2, Summer 2013. pp. 97-111.
- CTB3310 Surveying and Mapping – 3rd year BSc course Civil Engineering
- CIE4260 Measurement and Analysis of Vibrations – MSc course
- CIE4522 GPS for Civil Engineering and Geosciences – MSc course