Wetenschapcommunicatie door wetenschappers: Gewaardeerd
Science communication by scientists: Appreciated
Today the first awards were announced from the pilot fund Science Communication by Scientists Appreciated! Despite the great importance of interaction between science and society, science communication is still far from being recognized as a fully-fledged part of a scientific task package. The Pilot Fund Scientific Communication by Scientists: Valued! - instituted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and implemented by the KNAW, is a step in the direction of making visible and rewarding the large group of scientists who are structurally committed to science communication.
91 toekenningen pilotfonds ‘Wetenschapscommunicatie door wetenschappers: Gewaardeerd!’
At several faculties, the communicative efforts of (groups of) scientists around a particular topic have been appreciated.
- Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment: Philomena Bluyssen - Senselab
- Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering: Eline van der Kruk, Jinne Geelen, Bart van Trigt, en Sebastien Callens - This is mechanical engineering too!!
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science: Marieke Kootte, Neil Budko en Theresia van Essen - De ProfCast / In Conversation With
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science: Natasja de Groot - Communicating research on the cardiac arrhythmia atrial fibrillation with patients / werken aan co-creatie
- Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering: Alessandro Bozzon (human-centered AI), Achilleas Psyllidis (social distancing dashboard) and Willemijn Elkhuizen (digitalisation of cultural heritage); read their research here
- Faculty of Aerospace Engineering: Sebastiaan de Vet, Stephanie Cazaux, Bart Root en Wouter van der Wal - Inspireren met planeetonderzoek: werelden ver weg komen dicht(er)bij
The appreciation entails an award of € 10,000, which the scientists can use at their own discretion to support or enrich their science communication activities.