TU Delft Library has a dedicated tool to help researchers write data management plans (DMPs): DMPonline.
DMPonline offers a range of funder templates, including a TU Delft template. Each template has customised guidance to provide TU Delft researchers with information on local support, infrastructure and services available at TU Delft.
With DMPonline you can:
- Write your plan and easily update it throughout the lifecycle of your project;
- Share your plan with internal and external collaborators and ask for feedback from your Faculty Data Steward;
- Download your plan in a variety of formats.
How to use the tool?
- Go to DMPonline
- Create an account
- Register with your NetID
- Set your institution at Delft University of Technology
- Log in with your institutional credentials (look up ‘Delft’ in the list).
- Click on “Create plans”.
- Fill in project information
- This is the title of your project
- If you would like to use a test project make sure you include TEST in the title. Mark it as a mock project if it is a test plan.
- Select a DMP template.
- Type a funder's name and select it from the list. If you work on projects funded by NWO or ZonMw, you can also use the TUD template (recommended, please see the next point for instructions).
- For projects processing personal data, for unfunded projects, or when the funder does not provide a template, tick “No funder associated with this plan or my funder is not listed" and you will be directed to the TU Delft template. You can also use this TU Delft template for your PhD project (as part of the Go/No-Go meeting.
- After you have finished,
- You will be able to “Share” your plans with collaborators or your supervisor
- You can “Request feedback” to get advice on your plan from data stewards or
- “Export” your data management plan if required by your funder or supervisor.
More detailed information about using the tool can be found in the DMPonline user guide.
Get in touch with your Faculty Data Steward.