The Department of Values, Technology & Innovation (VTI) cooperates with many researchers, organisations and stakeholders outside TU Delft, both in the Netherlands and worldwide. This includes collaborations aimed at the academic and professional development of PhD candidates. It also includes collaborations in various research projects. Some other examples of research collaborations are:
Interested in working with us as well?
Other Dutch universities
4TU.Ethics is a world-leading center in the ethics of technology, which combines the research on ethics and technology at the four Dutch technical universities in the Netherlands (in Delft, Eindhoven, Twente and Wageningen).
The VTI department also participates in various centers that have been established as part of the cooperation of TU Delft with Erasmus University Rotterdan and Leiden University, such as:
Collaboration with stakeholders takes various shapes. One form is a societal organisation or company funding a 4-year research project by a PhD candidate on a question that is of great importance to the organisation. Such projects have for example been set up with:
We are cooperating with various research groups in the world that work on similar topics. This includes, among other, the following research groups:
- Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics (UK),
- Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (CAPPE) in Australia,
- Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) of the University of Sussex (UK),
- Risk Center at ETHZ (Switzerland),
- Centre for Risk Analysis and Risk Management at the University of Stavanger (Norway),
- VSD Research Lab at the University of Washington (US),
- Portsmouth Business School (UK),
- Public Safety Center at Tsinghua university (China),
- Center for Responsible Innovation and Design (CRID) at the University of Siegen (Germany),
Through the 4TU.Centre for Ethics and Technology we are also cooperating with eight Chinese top technical universities on responsible port innovation.