Caroline Hallin is a coastal engineer with a PhD degree from Lund University in Sweden. She is a post-doctoral researcher at TU Delft during 2019-2023. Caroline shares her time between part-time positions at TU Delft and Lund University. Her research interest primarily concerns the development of numerical models to simulate the morphological evolution of beaches and dunes. Caroline has previously worked as a consultant in river and coastal engineering at Sweco for four years.
Caroline Hallin is working in the DuneForce project with the overarching aim to develop a coupled model tool simulating the long-term evolution of the integrated shoreface, beach and dune system affected by human interference, including climate change. During her PhD, Caroline Hallin developed a cross-shore sediment transport model to simulate the decadal to centennial beach and dune evolution. The development of the CS-model is continuing in collaboration with Deltares.
- Hallin, C., Almström, B., Larson, M., Hanson, H., 2019. The relation between longshore variations in grain size distribution and sediment transport processes. Proceedings of the Coastal Sediments Conference 2019. p. 1269-1282.
- Fredriksson, C., Almström, B., Larson, M., Hanson., H. 2019. Longshore Transport Variability of Beach-Face Grain Size: Implications for Dune Evolution, Journal of Coastal Research, 35 (4), 751–764.
- Fredriksson, C., Huisman, B.J.A., Larson, M., Walstra, D-J.R., Hanson, H., 2019. The impact of sediment supply on decadal-scale dune evolution – Analysis and modelling of the Kennemer dunes in the Netherlands, Geomorphology 337 (2019), p. 94-110.
- Fredriksson, C., Larson, M., Hanson, H., 2019. Simulating beach and dune evolution at decadal to centennial scale under rising sea levels, PLoS ONE 14(4): e0215651. p. 1-30.
- Hallin, C., Tajvidi, N., Larson, M., Almström, B., 2019. Extreme value analysis of wave runup and dune erosion at Ängelholm Beach, South Sweden, VATTEN – Journal of Water Management and Research 75(2): 227-240. Lund 2019.
- Fredriksson, C., Martinez, G., Larson, M., Feldmann Eellend, B., 2018. Using Historical Storms for Flood Risk Management: The 1872 Storm in South Sweden, RCC Perspectives (3). p. 11-18.
- Palalane, J., Fredriksson, C., Marinho, B., Larson, M., Hanson, H., Coelho, C., 2016. Simulating cross-shore material exchange at decadal scale. Model application. Coastal Engineering 116 (2016) 26–41.
- Larson, M., Palalane, J., Fredriksson, C., Hanson, H., 2016. Simulating cross-shore material exchange at decadal scale. Theory and model component validation. Coastal Engineering 116 (2016) 57–66.