Dr. V.L. Markine
Dr. V.L. Markine
- Vehicle and track dynamics
- ballast and slab tracks - Track stability - Wheel-rail interface
Design optimization, parameter identification
Valéri Markine [vʌˈlʲeɾʲij ˈmʌɾkʲɪn] obtained his Diploma in Mechanics in 1991 from Gorky State University, Gorky (now Nizhniy Novgorod), USSR.
He obtained his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Delft University of Technology (1999). The title of his PhD thesis was ‘Optimization of the Dynamic Behaviour of Mechanical Systems’. In 1998 he has joined the Section of Road and Railway Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering of TU Delft.
He was a Visiting Research Fellow of European Commission Center of Excellence of Advanced Materials and Structures (AMAS), Institute of Fundamental Technological Research of Polish Academy of Science, Warsaw, Poland (2002) and at University of Bradford, United Kingdom (2002).
At present he works as an Associate Professor at the Section of Railway Engineering.
- Optimisation of the dynamic behaviour of turnouts (PhD candidate C. Wan)
- Analysis and optimisation of long-term behaviour of turnouts (PhD candidate L. Xin)
- Optimisation of transition track structures for high-speed lines (PhD candidate H. Wang)
- Structural health monitoring system for railway turnouts (PhD candidate X. Liu)
- Wheel/rail interface probabilistic optimization based on fatigue life prediction (PhD candidate Y. Ma)
- Application of new materials and elements to railway ballasted track for performance improvement. (PhD candidate Y. Guo)
- IN2ZONE (EU) - new generation go track for transition zones. WP leader. www.in2zone.eu
- Sustainable development of railway ballast track And the optimizing of DEM model. (CSC/TUD, PhD candidate W. Jia)
- Decision support system for S&C. (ProRail/TUD, PhD candidate J. Wegdam)
- Modular design of railway crossings (ProRail/TUD). Started in 2020. To be completed in 2022.
- Performance improvement of transition zones (ProRail/TUD, PDEng candidate M. Carvalho).
- Decision support system for assessment of railway track quality (Fugro/TUD, PDEng candidate K. El Laham.
An experimental and numerical study on the mechanical behavior of Kunststof Lankhorst Product (KLP) sleepers
M. Siahkouhi / X. Li / V. Markine / G. Jing
Analysis of furnace slag in railway sub-ballast based on experimental tests and DEM simulations
Wenli Jia / V. L. Markine / Guoqing Jing
Experimental and numerical study on lateral and longitudinal resistance of ballasted track with nailed sleeper
Yunlong Guo / Lu Zong / Valeri Markine / Xinyu Wang / Guoqing Jing
Experimental and numerical study on lateral resistance of frictional sleeper with arrowhead groove
Guoqing Jing / Wenli Jia / Xinyu Wang / Valeri Markine / Roar Nålsund / Yunlong Guo
Review of ballast track tamping
Mechanism, challenges and solutions
Yunlong Guo / Valeri Markine / Guoqing Jing
Waar is de kedeng-kedeng tijdens de treinreis gebleven?
Appeared in: NRC Handelsblad