AE Mentor Alumni Programme (MAP)
Would you like to receive advice on what to do after your studies? Or be coached on how you can achieve your dream career? Or simply some guidance on what courses to take? Get help from Aerospace Engineering alumni and register for the AE Mentor Alumni Programme.
MAP aims to connect aerospace students to alumni who can support them with professional guidance and career advice. MAP offers more than a mentor-mentee relationship, it also provides a community with numerous possibilities for networking and career development.
- For all TU Delft AE students from 2nd year BSc to final year MSc
- 5-month long programme from March - July and October - February
- Student-alumni matches are based on shared interests and motivation
- Contact with your alumnus mentor can take place in person, or via phone/video calls, and is initiated by you.
- MAP recommends a minimum of 2 contact hours per month.
- If there are more students than mentors, the matches will be made on a “first come first served” principle
In addition to filling out the registration form, you are required to provide an outline of your objectives for the programme. These objectives (max 1 A4) must contain your goals, what you expect from the programme and how you think you can get the most out of it. This document will serve as a starting point for discussions with your mentor. Besides the registration form, we also need your MAP objectives in order to match you to a mentor.
Quotes from fellow students
"Developed my knowledge about my own personal skills that I didn't realise before. Confirmed the direction I want to choose for the future is the right one while still staying open to different possibilities"
"Got a good mentor that can really gave valuable insight into the doubts and struggles I currently have!"
"I think it is a good programme to get in touch with Alumni, understand their experiences and struggles and see how their life can influence the next step you take."
"Very helpful in giving me insight into the aerospace industry and helps me clear my worries of the future as he helps me answer questions that I can't answer myself."
Please contact AEmentoremail@example.com if you have any questions.
Mechteld van Beijeren – Alumni Relations Coordinator AE