Anyone relocating to the Netherlands is required by law to be registered with the municipal authority and to have been assigned a national identification number, called a burgerservicenummer (BSN; a โ€˜citizen service number). If you are going to live in Delft or one of the nearby municipalities, HR Services will schedule a meeting for you (and the members of your family) at The Hague International Centre. There, you will be registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) of the municipality where you are settling, and you and each member of your family will be assigned a BSN.