Upon return

Recognition in MyTUDelft

The grades and credits of the courses you followed abroad will be sent to the SPA and will be added to your transcript of records. When you have finished your exchange you need to make sure that the international office of IDE receives a statement from the partner university with the courses you followed, your grades and credits. This is usually called a 'transcript of records' or 'grade transcript'. The international office of IDE will convert your grades/credits if they are different than the ECTS grading system.

Besides the statement you need to send your travel report to the international office of IDE and to your grant provider (read the instructions for your scholarship carefully).

The grades you obtain during your exchange programme are not used to calculate your GPA. It will be registered a ‘pass’ and the credits will be converted to ECTS. The partner university will provide an English translation of the courses and the description of the courses on your certificate. Make sure you ask for this, preferably before returning to the Netherlands (it can be difficult to arrange this afterwards).

Bachelor students can take 8 ECTS in language and cultural courses.

Master students can obtain 6 ECTS in language and cultural courses. Important for MSc students: the maximum number of study credits awardable for a single course taken at another university is 15 EC, even if the actual workload was higher.