Delft Female Impact Community
30% of the students at TU Delft and more than 20% of Delft alumni are women. Those are numbers that matter. At the same time, female engineers in our society often face unique challenges. A group of female Delft alumni wants to take on these challenges.
Female Empowerment | For and by female alumni
These Delft engineers are launching the Delft Female Impact Community, with the mission to connect, inspire and support female Delft students and alumni in the field of leadership and entrepreneurship in order to make as much impact as possible in our society.
This community focuses on Female Empowerment programs, for and by female students and alumni, in the form of:
1. Networking to expand and deepen the community, to learn from each other, and also to learn from the innovations of younger generations.
2. Masterclasses, workshops and mentoring on leadership and entrepreneurship. Passing on knowledge to the next generation, inspiring as a role model and using your own network contacts.
3. The establishment of a special fund, the Delft Female Impact Fund, to strengthen the community's mission and financially support community initiatives.
Flywheel for positive change
The Delft Female Impact Community and the Delft Female Impact Fund want to set in motion a flywheel that makes lasting positive change possible for female students and alumni. In this way we help each other and make a greater social impact.
Join the community
This community is for all of us. We can network here, learn from each other, inspire, help each other and collaborate.
How can you contribute?
By investing time and energy in the Delft Female Impact Community by, for example:
- Inspire, mentor, or open up your network to students and graduates
- Give lectures or master classes as a guest lecturer in your field
- Use your expertise in developing leadership or entrepreneurship
- Coaching female founders as an entrepreneur
Didi te Gussinklo Ohmann
“By connecting as many female Delft students and alumni as possible, sharing knowledge and experience, with strong interaction between different generations, finding each other, working together and helping each other. This way we can make a difference in all the organisations where we work and increase the impact 'for a better society'!”
“The world is facing major challenges such as the energy transition, circular economy and good healthcare. We believe that more involvement of female alumni leads to more impact 'for a better society'. Because the best solutions for complex challenges come from teams with diversity and inclusion.”
Floor van Wingerden
"Despite an extensive ecosystem in and around TU Delft that facilitates start-ups and scale-ups, there are relatively few female students and graduates who become entrepreneurs. Why is that? And above all, what can we do about it?"