Since 2009 I am working in the MECS group at the TU Delft. The group is working on materials for energy conversion and storage. Together with Joost Middelkoop and Bart Boshuizen we support the researchers in the group.
In my present research, I focus on the deposition of materials for sustainable energy applications, such as hydrogen sensors, hydrogen storage materials, hydrogen membranes, smart windows. I am also involved in the deposition of anode, cathode and catalyst materials for electrochemical conversions.
- Sputter deposition of metals.
- Instruction of new students on the available sputter deposition equipment.
- Reactive sputtering of hydrides, oxides and oxy-hydrides.
- Pulsed laser deposition of oxides.
- Design and maintenance of Hydrogenography setups.
- Design and maintenance of Ultra High Vacuum systems and parts.
- Gas dosing systems with pressure control.
- Two AJA int. UHV sputter deposition chambers with in total 10 sputter guns.
- Prevac UHV sputter deposition chamber with 3 sputter guns.
- Bruker Vertex 70 FTIR spectrometer.
- Pulsed Laser Deposition setup.
- Dektak 3 Profilometer.
- Optical Microscope.
- Optical setups for gas loading, heating, transmission and reflection measurements.
- Fiber optic UV- VIS spectroscopy.
Publications / Patents