Admission and application
The programme welcomes applications from well-qualified students who have successfully completed 5 years of university training (M.Sc., Ir., Drs.).
You must hold an MSc degree in (Bio-)Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Environmental or Food technology, or comparable, with excellent results.
From our PDEng-trainees, we expect an interdisciplinary attitude, an eye for application of technology in industry and team skills.
A very strong engineering background for the Designer in Bioprocess PDEng programme is requested: mathematics, mass transfer, heat transfer and experience with at least one of the following: mass balance, Matlab, ASPEN, Superpro Designer.
1) Submission of Documents
Please see available vacancies and apply through our on-line application site:
- A Letter of Application, in which you explain your motivation to apply to the Designer in Bioprocess Engineering Program (not more than 1 side of A4)
- Your Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 sides of A4)
- Copies of diplomas
- For both BSc & MSc qualifications, copies of the complete lists of examination subjects (plus a translation in English if necessary) and grades and class rank
- Two letters of reference from supervisors of recent research projects or (scientific) work
- A copy of your passport
- Please note that PDEng applicants are required to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language. The applicant must submit a TOEFL-score of 100 (or higher) or IELTS-score with a minimum of 7.0 in each of the four sections. Please note that the TOEFL MyBest scores will not be accepted. Certificates should not be older than two years. Applicants whose native language is English or hold a degree from an institution in an English speaking country where English is the language of instruction, are exempted. Nationals from the USA, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada are exempted too.
2) Deadline for application
Please note our application deadline of 3 months before start date for EU nationals and 5 months for non EU nationals. A presentation and an interview will be part of the selection procedure. The application deadline for submitting your documents:
1st of April for Non-Europeans
1st of June for Europeans
1st of September for Non-Europeans
1st of November for Europeans
Evaluation of the candidate is carried out by the PDEng committee members.
Only interesting candidates will be invited for a presentation and an interview.
For further information, you can contact via firstname.lastname@example.org.