The Executive Board is accountable to the Supervisory Board, which is appointed by the Minister of Education, Culture and Science. The Supervisory Board supervises the tasks and authority carried out by the Executive Board. In addition, the supervisory board has a number of duties set down by law. Read more in The Delft Supervisory Board Regulations.
The Supervisory Board consists of five members, who are appointed, suspended, or dismissed by the Minister of Education, Culture and Science. Members are appointed for a period of four years, and may be reappointed once for a further four years. The Secretary General of the University is also secretary to the Supervisory Board and its committees.
The Board has three committees: the Audit Committee, the Teaching and Research Quality Assurance Committee, and the Appointments and Remuneration Committee.
The members of the Supervisory Board are:
- T.J.G. Collot d’Escury MSc (Founder and Managing Partner of the Dutch business and office Roland Berger)
- Prof. dr. L.L.G. Soete (former Rector Magnificus Universiteit Maastricht and honorary professor at the School of Business and Economics at Maastricht University)
- Drs. G. de Zoeten RC (CFO InchCape)
- Drs. C.G. Gehrels (European Cities Director and City Executive Amsterdam/Rotterdam Arcadis)
- H.L. Wachters MSc (partner at Eden McCallum)
- Ir. T.J.G. Collot d’Escury MSc, chair, appointed until 1 July 2025, 1st term
- Prof. dr. L.L.G. Soete, appointed until 1 May 2025, 2nd term
- Drs. G. de Zoeten RC, appointed until 1 May 2024, 2nd term
- Drs. C.G. Gehrels, appointed until 1 June 2023, 2nd term
- ir. H.L. Wachters, appointed until 1 January 2025, 1st term